Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
14,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok heres the deal. I can buy a `08 Commander right now today for $18,100.00 out the door. the deal ends on Friday the 2nd and the dealer has no idea what deals/sales are coming next. now remember its a $31,000 unit discounted down to that. my only reservation is that its a 3.7 V6 with just a AWD and has no low range. if I had my choice I would get a `09/08 with the Hemi or 4.7 and the T case with Hi & low range.

now heres the twist. I can get a `08 limited Town & country for around $27,000.00 (MSRPs at $41,000) , I have this sneaking feeling my credit union is going to start offering better deals and since GMAC is now doing 0.0% on thier stuff I might hang back and get a better deal.

I have been looking at the probability that Chrysler is still looking to dump inventory. I am willing to bet its two weeks away from deals on the mini vans that the wife really wants.

so should I wait for two weeks or take the Commander thats left over on the lot now?

·
!CLUTCH!
261 Posts
The 3.7 is a gutsy little beast but I think in a big commander its probably a turd. I like the Commander. A Commander with a Hemi and mild lift would be a awesome family wagon. Thats all I have to say.

·
Mudweiser!
80 Posts
My folks have a commander with the same motor and awd.Its pretty gutless since its in a heavy vehicle and it sucks down the gas.On a plus side...the awd handles quite well on the snowy roads which dont get plowed to well/very often and its pretty spacious.Not a whole lot of information but my opinion on it.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
You don't want a commander with the 3.7.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
have driven chrysler mini vans every since they came out. currently have a dodge van with stow-n-go [worth it's weight in gold]. MOST EXCELLENT. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

the only "problem" will be if and when i have to pull the mini spare tire as it is suspended in the underbody between the front seats. otherwise, 22mpg on highway. takes a lickin and keeps on tickin. :thumb:

always keep the seats folded down and have a large sheet of vinyl seat-cover fabric from joann fabrics spread over the cargo compartment to protect the OEM carpet.

had a commander as a 2nd DD once. go for the van.

let us know of your decision.

note: possibably biased as i used to work for chrysler

·
Wasn't this attached?
4,125 Posts
My gf has a Cammander with the 3.7. It's get around fine, but I wouldn't pull anything with it. My WK with the 4.7 get's better mpg though.

I wouldn't get one with the 3.7.

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
Take your 18k and but like 25 old 70s military dodges. That seems more in your character.

·
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
14,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Take your 18k and but like 25 old 70s military dodges. That seems more in your character.
this for the wife not me. since the lease program went up in flames I have to "Buy" one. I was hoping to get something my kids could drive later on.

and as for the Military stuff I inherted it. it was not by choice.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
have driven chrysler mini vans every since they came out. currently have a dodge van with stow-n-go [worth it's weight in gold]. MOST EXCELLENT. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

the only "problem" will be if and when i have to pull the mini spare tire as it is suspended in the underbody between the front seats. otherwise, 22mpg on highway. takes a lickin and keeps on tickin. :thumb:

always keep the seats folded down and have a large sheet of vinyl seat-cover fabric from joann fabrics spread over the cargo compartment to protect the OEM carpet.

had a commander as a 2nd DD once. go for the van.

let us know of your decision.

note: possibably biased as i used to work for chrysler
I'm jealous. I wish I would have waited a little longer. I could have had stow n go seating.

Don't let steveo know you drive a minivan. Apparently he thinks that somehow raises questions about ones masculinity...

·
expert jeep disassembler
8,005 Posts
I'm jealous. I wish I would have waited a little longer. I could have had stow n go seating.

Don't let steveo know you drive a minivan. Apparently he thinks that somehow raises questions about ones masculinity...
i think steveo's lack of a penis raises questions about his masculinity:teehee:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts