Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Slice of Starsage Anyone?
5,070 Posts
G

·
You know what is sad about Food Stamps... and this is no lie... alot of people that I have seen that actually pay with food stamps is overweight... is this not ironic?

·
There watching me! (.)(.)
11,461 Posts
biohazardbill said:
You know what is sad about Food Stamps... and this is no lie... alot of people that I have seen that actually pay with food stamps is overweight... is this not ironic?

I agree with you Bill. And the sad thing is those that really need them, can't get them!

·
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
15,014 Posts
well, i guess its time for hack to start looking for road kill.

·
Dont Feed the Cyco
17,302 Posts
Big Daddy Rubicon said:
I agree with you Bill. And the sad thing is those that really need them, can't get them!

I have had people stop me at a store and ask me if I will take their food stamps to buy my food and use my cash to buy them beer. Looking at stuff like that I am glad they are being cut. But then you see peole that are out there really busting their buts trying to get by and just need a little help. I think they just need to figure out a way to make sure the right people are getting aid. II'm sure somehow in this cut it will be the good people getting screwed.

·
Catch the wave
7,994 Posts
biohazardbill said:
some of the cheapest foods one can buy are the pre-processed carb laden cereals and breads.

especially when they run them on sale with the "2-fers" and the 3-fers. add in $0.79 2 liters of cola and it's easy to see how to get fat while spending very little money.

compare that vs. the price of buying quality fresh meats, vegetables and fruits

:dunno:

·
Swamp Stomper
8,179 Posts
RyeBread said:
some of the cheapest foods one can buy are the pre-processed carb laden cereals and breads.

especially when they run them on sale with the "2-fers" and the 3-fers. add in $0.79 2 liters of cola and it's easy to see how to get fat while spending very little money.

compare that vs. the price of buying quality fresh meats, vegetables and fruits

:dunno:
I was thinking the same thing... but it doesn't help that after buying this cheap food they sit around all day watching oprah

:hacksaw: :hacksaw:

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
What ever happened to the gubment handout foods? Like the canned juice and cheese blocks and real pnut butter and stuff?

Wouldnt it be better to give that to the people that really need it and be done?

screw that. Let em get a job:junk:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts