Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
PARTS SLINGER
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Got My Tube Bender Built And Its Time To Buy Dies. I Want To Buy 2 Dies And Need To No What 2 Sizes You Would Buy. My Bender Will Bend 180 Degrees. I'm Leaning Towards A 1" And A 1 1/2 0r 1 3/4". What Do You Guys Think?

·
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
14,442 Posts
consider what pipe you will be bending and how much it costs?

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
this is out in left field. every one seems to buy 1 3/4" and 1 1/4" so buy 2"and 1" so you can lend yours for other sizes and you will have dies that not every one will buy even know they may want that size

·
PARTS SLINGER
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
this is out in left field. every one seems to buy 1 3/4" and 1 1/4" so buy 2"and 1" so you can lend yours for other sizes and you will have dies that not every one will buy even know they may want that size
YEAH THATS WHAT I NEED TO DO. LOAN MORE OF MY SHIT OUT:teehee:ALREADY KNOW I'LL HAVE ALOT MORE FREINDS NOW THAT I HAVE A BENDER:sonicjay:........I LIKE THE LOOK OF THE 1.250 BUT I THINK ITS BIG FOR STUFF LIKE GO CARTS OR MINI BIKES, TREE STANDS OR WHATEVER ELSE NON 4X4 RELATED.

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
I use my 1" for a ton of stuff like racks, handles, ect. I have all but the 1.25 and will get that one soon. Did the plans you used specify which brand you have to use? Usually they use pro tools but not sure which one you built.

·
PARTS SLINGER
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I use my 1" for a ton of stuff like racks, handles, ect. I have all but the 1.25 and will get that one soon. Did the plans you used specify which brand you have to use? Usually they use pro tools but not sure which one you built.
yeah! i think i got the plans your buddy used. i really liked the way his was set up. yes it uses the pro tools dies. did you get the 240 degree dies????

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
I have the 240 die in the 1" and 1.5" but the 1.75 and 2 are the smaller ones. Ironman has a 240 in the 1.75 now so if I need it he has one. I will always get the 240 from now on. even though I only really need a 1.25 but it will be a 240. The 1" and 1.5 are almost a requirement in the 240 for bending shock hoops and rack frames.

·
PARTS SLINGER
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
how much more did the 240 dies cost$$$$$$$$$$$$what did they cost total???? pro tools doesn't list the prices for the 240 dies.

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
YEAH THATS WHAT I NEED TO DO. LOAN MORE OF MY SHIT OUT:teehee:ALREADY KNOW I'LL HAVE ALOT MORE FREINDS NOW THAT I HAVE A BENDER:sonicjay:........I LIKE THE LOOK OF THE 1.250 BUT I THINK ITS BIG FOR STUFF LIKE GO CARTS OR MINI BIKES, TREE STANDS OR WHATEVER ELSE NON 4X4 RELATED.

get 1.75 and 1.25, seriously do you want to play borrowing games with people?

·
PARTS SLINGER
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS. NOW THAT I KNOW IT PISSES YOU OFF I'LL KEEP THEM ON ALL THE TIME.:finger:seriously

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
They cost more for sure but I can't remember by how much since I've had mine for 8 years or so. Plus I'm sure the prices have gone up since then too. Like I said before, the 1" and the 1.5" get the most use in the +90 degree range. I've never really needed my 1.75 or 2 to go farther. I quess the 1.75 when used to make a stinger it would be nice but I can get about 120 degrees out of the one I have and that is about right for a stinger.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts