Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious as to how far off my speedomter is. 4th gear, AW4, 2250 in rpms on the freeway, 3" lift with 31" tires. I have an idea, but curious what all you geniuses think.

Thanks!

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nope serious question. I can set the cruise at 70mph at 2250 rpms, but I am just flying by people like I shouldn't be at 70. Also I just got a ticket the other day and had cruise set at 40mph in a 40 zone and was clocked at 45.

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
then your 5 over...:thumb: :miff:

yeah but the difference seems to grow as my speed increases. I can't notice the 5mph at 40, but at 70 I just blow by people that I know are not driving that slow.

Also not sure why I threw the lift size in my question cause that is irrelevant but gearing is stock 3.55's.

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,161 Posts
31" tires are not a whole lot larger than stock........ I would say 5 mph at 70 if your speedo was spot on before

·
The Man Myth And Legend
5,133 Posts
yeah but the difference seems to grow as my speed increases. I can't notice the 5mph at 40, but at 70 I just blow by people that I know are not driving that slow.

Also not sure why I threw the lift size in my question cause that is irrelevant but gearing is stock 3.55's.
was it on a sunday between 1230 and 1...???

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
31" tires are not a whole lot larger than stock........ I would say 5 mph at 70 if your speedo was spot on before
Not sure what it was before, bought the thing with 31's.

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no when u were flyin by people on the freeway
nope not the old people Sunday drivers. It can be during rush hour/ heavy traffic times.

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
235/75 r15 are usually the stock tires on a wrangler
This is an XJ. So generally stock is 225 but I know some came with 215's

·
CRANES ARE COOL
686 Posts
speed

Curious as to how far off my speedomter is. 4th gear, AW4, 2250 in rpms on the freeway, 3" lift with 31" tires. I have an idea, but curious what all you geniuses think.

Thanks!
some gps units can measure your speed, you are welcome to borrow mine if you cant get one else where. Work near 1 96 and beech daly

1 - 19 of 19 Posts