Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I'm a Newb (but not dumb)
94 Posts
I work 1st shift (mornings?) now but "I" would love to work second shift (afternoons). But then again I'm weird. Most people hate second shift because it eats up most of your day and your night.

·
Living on the Edge
2,077 Posts
im getting a temp job and i get to choose between first or second but which is better
I would say it mostly depends on your life, majority of people (probably your friends) work the day/1st shift.

in my job, I work the swing shift. afternoons/2nd shift sucks, 3-11 have to leave for work by 1:30 due to construction and distance. get home just after midnight.
don't really get any time to do any projects before having to leave for work.

·
Uggh
5,044 Posts
2nd is teh bomb shift then 3rd imho

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,166 Posts
I work 1st shift (mornings?) now but "I" would love to work second shift (afternoons). But then again I'm weird. Most people hate second shift because it eats up most of your day and your night.
Well since you had to post all serious on us :poke:..........

Whatever shift is convenient to your life is what you will go with. Sometimes you end up being forced on a shift that is not so convenient. Then you have to obviously find another job or plain quit.

I worked 'nites' for better part of 8 years. Basically 3 or 4 pm start time and generally worked 10hrs a nite. You basically end up with a sour social life and hardly any friends during the week. You will likely save quite a bit of money.

I am on days now. I will not go back to nites on purpose. 8 years was enough for me.

·
Bird is my bitch
1,407 Posts
Alot depends on how long the job lasts and how many hours.
When I get offered a job of 7-12's I usually pick 7pm-7am. I seem to get more sleep that way and actually have time to get a some shit done. Plus Jim and I get along way better when we don't see each other every day, I can get pretty cranky when I work that many hours a week.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts