Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like lately i have heard of a lot of divorces going on . There has been a couple mentioned on this board even . Is it the season !

What is the one thing that would convince you to leave your spouse ?

·
660 Posts
Trust- because if you can't have that, you can't even have a friendship. And friendship is the basis for any relationship.

and if our baby came out black..........that would be a real show stopper!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
It seems like lately i have heard of a lot of divorces going on . There has been a couple mentioned on this board even . Is it the season !

What is the one thing that would convince you to leave your spouse ?
Does this have anything to do with that "Caption this" post where the wife wouldn't get out an run the winch for you?

·
hoo dat. wat.
21,594 Posts
What made me file for divorce from my first wife:

She decided when I started working for Ford, I made enough money for her to quit her job (managing a chem lab in detroit [non-drug]) and go back to school to be a veterinarian. There wasn't a discussion; she took our savings, paid off a few bills and quit. First year she didn't get into (vet) school and became a career student.
She got lazy. We lived 5 blocks from school (EMU) and she insisted on driving there, parking w/o paying and getting tickets she would throw away. I wouldn't know until I got the $45 bills, one-after-another, from the school.

She used to be in charge of the finances and paying bills - she was awesome at it. She was the main reason we were able to buy our first house because she was strict with spending and saved as much as she could. She started ignoring bills. By the time I found out this was going on, we were a few months behind on several accounts.

She basically went open-loop and decided to ride life out at my expense. Also, when divorce was first brought up, she tried to get pregnant. You don't go from having sex once a month to every night for a week without your parter getting suspicious.

I spent the last 7 years of our 10 year marriage trying to stick it out and failed. I couldn't take it anymore and finally called it quits.

I guess the root cause is that I felt like she didn't give a damn about me and was just using me to not go to work. :mad:

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,165 Posts

She decided when I started working for Ford, I made enough money for her to quit her job (managing a chem lab in detroit [non-drug]) and go back to school to be a veterinarian. There wasn't a discussion; she took our savings, paid off a few bills and quit. First year she didn't get into (vet) school and became a career student.
She got lazy. We lived 5 blocks from school (EMU) and she insisted on driving there, parking w/o paying and getting tickets she would throw away. I wouldn't know until I got the $45 bills, one-after-another, from the school.

She used to be in charge of the finances and paying bills - she was awesome at it. She was the main reason we were able to buy our first house because she was strict with spending and saved as much as she could. She started ignoring bills. By the time I found out this was going on, we were a few months behind on several accounts.

She basically went open-loop and decided to ride life out at my expense. Also, when divorce was first brought up, she tried to get pregnant. You don't go from having sex once a month to every night for a week without your parter getting suspicious.

I spent the last 7 years of our 10 year marriage trying to stick it out and failed. I couldn't take it anymore and finally called it quits.

I guess the root cause is that I felt like she didn't give a damn about me and was just using me to not go to work. :mad:
Wow. Sorry to hear that. For what it is worth she missed out on one kewl dood. :thumb:

·
Silver Lake
6,547 Posts
Trust- because if you can't have that, you can't even have a friendship. And friendship is the basis for any relationship.

and if our baby came out black..........that would be a real show stopper!

I definitely agree on the trust part :thumb:

As far as the baby being black, I wouldn't doubt it with Sol Goode living nearby :tonka: Him and his white women :tonka:

·
Moonlight stomper
5,958 Posts
wife stabing me in the chest while on top would do it for me!

In short Lack of Faith

is she belives in God the rest falls in to place:woot:

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
As stated before our divorce,I divorced my 1st for cheating, spending my paycheck on her boyfriend and having his kid.

I changed shifts to make peace with her, she started staying out until late; out with girlfriend. After she moved back home, said friend told me wife was with her friends cousin, after we got word from the doctor she was pregnant. I accoused her of this, 9 1/2 months later we were divorced. My daughter is mine, I love her and we are getting to know each other now.
Needed to set the record straight.

·
10 0011 10101
2,336 Posts
Tomorrow would be my anniversary with my first wife. We divorced because she had a son from a previous relationship -no big deal, at first. we got married, and all of a sudden she was never home. She started waitressing at a bikini bar, and I became a free babysitter while she f'ed off and got drunk every night. The last straw was when she up and went to LA without telling me. I almost lost my job in the process of trying to arrange sitters and daycare for her kid while she was gone. After 4 years, I filed for divorce the day she came home. I feel for her son, but it got to be too much.

I should add that we did try to work it out, but really it was a friggin disaster. We got married too young, IMO. I was 22, and she was 21.

·
Premium Member
4,562 Posts
im simple cook me food, put out and help with the bills and we are good. as long as that happens ill stick around.........being best friends helps alot.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
ice cream.

i don't know. hopefully it won't come to that. but then again, i don't know a single person that isn't either divorced, or really wants to be divorce and is just afraid to go through with it.

·
Pokerob is my B*tch!
11,515 Posts

and I thought you were gay with all the buttsezcks talk . . . :sonicjay:

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tomorrow would be my anniversary with my first wife. We divorced because she had a son from a previous relationship -no big deal, at first. we got married, and all of a sudden she was never home. She started waitressing at a bikini bar, and I became a free babysitter while she f'ed off and got drunk every night. The last straw was when she up and went to LA without telling me. I almost lost my job in the process of trying to arrange sitters and daycare for her kid while she was gone. After 4 years, I filed for divorce the day she came home. I feel for her son, but it got to be too much.

I should add that we did try to work it out, but really it was a friggin disaster. We got married too young, IMO. I was 22, and she was 21.
im not sure young is the key . We were 17 and 18 , were still married 29 years later and i still call it temporary .

Seems infidelity is the big reason . a black baby , ha ha i didnt think of that one :sonicjay: Nor have i ever heard of it being the reason for a divorce .

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
i was watching an episode on the medical discovery channel a while back where this white couple had a baby and it turned out black. the guy was really pissed. but after every imaginable test the doctors could come up with, it showed that the black baby was in fact the kid of this white couple. somehow their genes and dna decided to play around and push out a black baby. they said it did take some getting used to, but for years every dna test and everything else said that it was their kid. LOL

·
******* Poser
7,971 Posts
I have no answer to this Marv. I know that most things can be worked out if both people want to. So I guess that is my only answer. What would cause me to get a divorce? If one of us stopped caring. Short of that you can slowly walk over most hurdles life throughs at you.

Look back at all of it, and at some point one of the two stopped caring.

·
Don't poke the Bear!
417 Posts
My ex hooked up with her Junior high boyfriend clear down in Texas on of all places Classmates.com. Wonder how often that happens?:mad:
Marriage was done long time before that. Lack of comminication and denial.

2 beautiful girls to show for it and they have come through like troopers.
Best thing that ever happened to me really. Made me closer to my daughters and made me realize that work is not my life. Can you say Jeep and 4 wheeler.:woot:

1 - 20 of 81 Posts