Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is with people selling cars right now? It seems that I am literally begging people to let me come and look at the cars they have listed for sale, some listed in multiple places (craigslist, ebay, autotrader, etc).

I have the money in my pocket, I'm ready to buy, yet these people have every excuse in the book as to why they are or are not available at certain times, blah blah blah....won't give me a phoen number after multiple requests via email

rosie out...frustrating bastards.

·
Playing Possum
6,751 Posts
I have had the same experience lately. What's up with posting your crap on Craigslist, then not wanting to give up information on how to come look at it! Do they think it's Ebay, where I'm supposed to buy something sight-unseen and hope for the best?? :junk:

·
6'-5" 209LB 16YR LEFTWING
15,745 Posts
What is with people selling cars right now? It seems that I am literally begging people to let me come and look at the cars they have listed for sale, some listed in multiple places (craigslist, ebay, autotrader, etc).

I have the money in my pocket, I'm ready to buy, yet these people have every excuse in the book as to why they are or are not available at certain times, blah blah blah....won't give me a phoen number after multiple requests via email

rosie out...frustrating bastards.
You should have bought my Intrepid, I would have delivered.:sonicjay:

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have had the same experience lately. What's up with posting your crap on Craigslist, then not wanting to give up information on how to come look at it! Do they think it's Ebay, where I'm supposed to buy something sight-unseen and hope for the best?? :junk:
I dunno but it is getting frustrating as hell. If there was a larger group to choose from on the car I want I would tell these fuckers to kiss off....but unfortunately I haven't found a lot of em.

·
atv rider
6,556 Posts
tell em if the time youve givin isnt good for them than there loosing a sale and hang up or if email leave it at that ... thats what i do .. kinda stubborn but it works 60% of the time, every time (sorry just got done watching anchorman)

·
atv rider
6,556 Posts
tell em if the time youve givin isnt good for them than there loosing a sale and hang up or if email leave it at that ... thats what i do .. kinda stubborn but it works 60% of the time, every time (sorry just got done watching anchorman)

·
Catch the wave
7,994 Posts
the state just tossed up like 6 4-door cavaliers on bidcorp.com... I think there's still some flex fuel tauruses (tauri? plural?) as well.

Could be worse. I was set to buy the wife a TL-S, and damned if the photographs supplied by the seller weren't even the same car (that, combined with some stories that didn't jive about the maintenance was enough to walk)

what is it you're looking for, that is so narrowly defined that there's such a limited supply? (I know it's not a Honda Insight)

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what is it with employers low balling salary offerings on jobs in Michigan? $20 an hour for a job requiring a fucking 4 year degree? gimme a fucking break.
Maybe you can't read very well? Maybe you don't realize what the market is bearing right now?

I think it's funny how when I post jobs you guys bitch about the rates on here, yet I've been able to help a few get jobs, and i've always filled the jobs that I work on, so as the old saying goes there is an ass for every seat.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Maybe you can't read very well? Maybe you don't realize what the market is bearing right now?

I think it's funny how when I post jobs you guys bitch about the rates on here, yet I've been able to help a few get jobs, and i've always filled the jobs that I work on, so as the old saying goes there is an ass for every seat.
actually, I wasn't bitching about your postings. The last one simply went up the same day I had looked at 3 other jobs of similar class of requirements for similar pay that I might be inclined to do if they actually paid decent.

i wouldn't bitch in your postings anyway out of courtesy or about your postings specifically.

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,165 Posts
92 fifth avenue.
150K.
Peeling paint.
d/s fender is dented.
Dash is curled up.
Leather is mint.
Newer tires.
Newer rear brakes.
New front brakes.
Everything still works except a/c

$5,000 obo :d:

I am waiting for you to call for an appointment :d:

·
Premium Member
5,445 Posts
People that are selling actual cars know they have the advantage right now. Everybody and their brother is looking for a small-medium car. The used car lots are raising the prices on the econoboxes at the some time they're slashing the prices of the trucks.

I lease a Durango. It has left my driveway 2 times this month, one of those times was to pull a shrub out in front of my house, the other time was to drive 4 blocks to get beer. the plates expire this saturday, and won't be renewed. It's sitting until november. I'm saving $400 a month not driving it.

In the meantime, we're easily putting over 100 miles a day on my 20 year old nissan.

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
actually, I wasn't bitching about your postings. The last one simply went up the same day I had looked at 3 other jobs of similar class of requirements for similar pay that I might be inclined to do if they actually paid decent.

i wouldn't bitch in your postings anyway out of courtesy or about your postings specifically.
people have bitched and will bitch. It's fine by me, so long as I don't hear those same people bitching about not having a job :tonka:

You'd be surprised how managers are acting right now, both about who is available and also about what they should be paid.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts