Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
hicktown
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok is a 350th sline going to macth a np 231 sline this is for my gm swap i have a th350 in the pole barn and 9 400 small blocks holy shit i have too many gm parts

·
hicktown
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a spine ok i have to check that word in my fucking book morons i'm ok a retared farmer

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,148 Posts
so your sline spine doesn't match?

well if you use the sline off of a 350 the inverted kanooter will not align properly with input spine of the 231

you'll also need to change the tailhousing oil pump of the 231 to a reverse flow, low volume one.

42,948 Posts
farmboy, the 231 is a 62 spline. Hence the name! You have (2) 31 half shafts. when You put them together, you get 62 splines.

The 350 is a 150 spline. (3) 50 third shafts.

You need a 62-150 spline adapter. Call up DTS. They should have them in stock.

·
hicktown
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i think i will go to d and r diveline here on west side but its good to kwone what adater i need and tyhanks for info on revesle flow i whould have massed up the transfer

·
National Guard guy
1,063 Posts
How much for one of the 400 blocks? I've been looking around for one to rebuild, so preferably one with most of the engine still there.

·
hicktown
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
humm i dont kwone most have at least some parts missing most compate is going it jeep and the other one with heads is going it my uncles truck he said someday he will get bored and just biuld moters haha ok i whould say like 150 to 200 with out heads piston dont turn on most but there awsome engines over there yet

42,948 Posts
i think i will go to d and r diveline here on west side but its good to kwone what adater i need and tyhanks for info on revesle flow i whould have massed up the transfer
The two main companys that make that adapter are Lolypopin and Licersnatch.

I've lost teeth on the lolypopin, but had great luck with the licersnatch's.

·
Recovering XJ owner
5,620 Posts
humm i dont kwone most have at least some parts missing most compate is going it jeep and the other one with heads is going it my uncles truck he said someday he will get bored and just biuld moters haha ok i whould say like 150 to 200 with out heads piston dont turn on most but there awsome engines over there yet
Have you ever attempted reread what you write? Some of these words don't even exsist, let alone go together in a sentence. :sonicjay: :sonicjay:

Is this ebonics?

·
Recovering XJ owner
5,620 Posts
farmboy, the 231 is a 62 spline. Hence the name! You have (2) 31 half shafts. when You put them together, you get 62 splines.

The 350 is a 150 spline. (3) 50 third shafts.

You need a 62-150 spline adapter. Call up DTS. They should have them in stock.
This is the best advice I've ever read. You're spelling and mathmatic skills are great.

·
National Guard guy
1,063 Posts
Sow, u dno't kwone if theese will wokr for a gud rebiueld?

(maybe translating to his language will help?)

·
hicktown
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
that would work but you will have to buy piston and maybe some heads we migth have some in the pole barn yet its kineda like the toyo parts we dont kwone were came form i dont own a toyoda so ya it was wired and the th 350 we didnt kwone was there i also have jeep wraler seets in that barn its like where did all of this stuff come form we are makeing room to put a hoist in the big barn but have 20 sleds also

·
National Guard guy
1,063 Posts
I'll keep you in mind in case I can't find any other blocks, or how about an even-up trade for my 77 CJ-5? You haul.

·
hicktown
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dorp me a pm i have a tailer i can get some thing worked out for that i think ather one has heads but a 77 jeep whould work if i kwone the speces maybe

42,948 Posts
dorp me a pm i have a tailer i can get some thing worked out for that i think ather one has heads but a 77 jeep whould work if i kwone the speces maybe
Sounds like you're going to get all spiffed up for this encounter. Maybe a little bit of :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: ?

What color suit?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts