Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have been trying to sell my 2009 Jeep Wrangler for several months now. I feel that it is listed for a reasonable price at $7500, but there has been little interest. Below is a copy of my FB marketplace ad,

Female owned 2008 Jeep Wrangler. RK 2.5 max lift (full size spare) with Fox 2.0 shocks installed just for looks, I have never taken it off road. In the last year replaced left upper/lower joints and steering stabilizer shock. Great interior since I hardly road around with the roof off. Occasional shimmy on the highway due to needing new tires. Small dent (pictured) but starts right up and runs great. This Jeep needs an owner that will take it off road to see what it can really do!

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Vehicle
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive side marker light Automotive lighting Light
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

There are 212520 miles on it.

Can someone give any insight about what it is likely worth and what is reasonable to ask for it? I appreciate any help!

·
Premium Member
3,773 Posts
I would find an empty parking lot step back and take the pictures. Of if you know someone with a big yard park on the grass and step back and take the pictures.

·
Registered
205 Posts
That's a fair price for the age, miles, condition, etc.

I recommend giving it a good wash, and as stated, take some more pictures in a well-lit open area like an empty parking lot or large yard. Also, turn on the lights when you take the exterior pics, sounds silly, but that shows the running lights work, and just overall makes the pictures look better. Also get some pics of the interior. Pictures under the hood too. And make sure the fog lights are aligned. They don't have to be aimed right necessarily, just have both pointing the same approximate angle.

some other details good to consider
Engine? I believe the 3.8L was the only engine in this era of JK anyway.
Manual or Automatic trans?
What size tires?
Axle gear ratio?

Good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts