Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just finishing up installing a junkyard tbi setup on my yj with 350 sbc that was originally a carb setup. I know the throttle bodies run 9-13 psi, but was wondering if anyone knew the best fuel pump to run. I have heard people say the holley blue and some people say napa or auto zone makes one what's everones opinion.

Oh ya i would prefer a inline compared to the in tank setup. Thanks for the help.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
holley blue, no regualtor

I ran the napa pump right after i did the swap, it wouldn't flow enough at high RPM and the motor would fall on it's face. Replaced with a holley blue and never looked back.

·
Grant
217 Posts
I have a YJ also. I used a Holley in-line pump that they say is for TBIs. I forget the part number (it was 6-7 years ago) but it was black and looked about the size of an in-line fuel filter (about 2 inches in diameter and about 6-8 inches long). Anyway, it kept starving the engine on high RPMs. Holley sent me another one and it did the same thing too. I bought a stock replacement in-tank pump for a 89 S10 blazer w/4.3L. I was amazed when it practically jumped in a the Jeep sender unit from a 91 YJ. It's like it was supposed to be there. Anyway, it's been working great on my 350 with stock GM TBI for the last 6-7 years and it's a whole lot quieter than the in-line pump was. I keep the in-line one in the tool box as a spare.

Just my two cents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts