Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Sveentusmaximus
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be moving soon and I have a bunch of textbooks left over from the college days. I saved them cause I was dumb and thought they may be useful someday at work :tonka: Now I know better then that :sonicjay:

I am thinking I should just pack up all my thick calculus, engineering and chemistry books and pitch em :beerbang:
I may keep an EE book or two just in case I ever do need to reference them at work :eek:

What did you do with yours?

·
comeback kid
946 Posts
ehhh i'm still in college... i am keeping mine for now...

depending on how long ago you graduated... try selling them online

or donate to a library or school. don't just throw them away.

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts
Had a bonfire with all of mine. If they are older they are most likely outdated and of no value to any buy back shop.

·
10 0011 10101
2,336 Posts
boat anchors, Hi-lift base, kindling, projectiles for my wife to throw at me.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
donate them to the library

·
The N3rd
5,871 Posts
Well I put the useless ones on half.com right after I'm done with the class. I practically make all my money back.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
All the books I had from when I was into computer networking I sold back immediatly. All my auto repair books I kept, good reference material. They are worthless to anyone now so I might as well keep them. Except for the workbooks, I should get rid of those.

·
Motrcytman's spouse
7,208 Posts
Donote them to your local library and get a tax write-off. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: On your Michigan taxes, its fairly substancial. :thumb: :thumb:

·
Swamp Stomper
8,181 Posts
Donote them to your local library and get a tax write-off. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: On your Michigan taxes, its fairly substancial. :thumb: :thumb:
Oh, I never thought of that one :eek:

I have books from when I went to LIT (before it was LTU) from 1988 LOL
they haven't been opened since then, I dont' know why I even brought them with me to the new house 4 years ago, but they are still in the taped up box they where moved here in LOL.

I guess that shows how needed they are after school's out

1 - 18 of 18 Posts