Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a brand spanking new set many years ago. I hardly used the 3/8th and 1/4 drive ratchets. Well they have since both broke in the ratcheting part of it. I took them back and got remans! 3/8ths seems okay, but the 1/4 quit working on the first f'ing turn.

·
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
15,014 Posts
I bought a brand spanking new set many years ago. I hardly used the 3/8th and 1/4 drive ratchets. Well they have since both broke in the ratcheting part of it. I took them back and got remans! 3/8ths seems okay, but the 1/4 quit working on the first f'ing turn.
Buy some Snap-On ratchets and you'll never complain again.

With all the time you save not returning broken tools, think of how many more "domesticated cattle" you round up.

By domesticated cattle I mean cats and dogs for you to eat.

·
Yankabilly
7,944 Posts
keep taking them back

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking along the lines of some iron art....like a sears salesman figurine with a craftsmans ratchet up his ass :sonicjay:

But yeah I will keep taking them back :(

·
Premium Member
22,634 Posts
x2 I warranty my 1/4 snap on monthly, but I have purchased the new fine teeth 3/8s rachet and have yet to break the head on it but have snapped the handle off at the flex joint a few times.

I had a mac 1/2" in a ratchet and breaker bar and I break those bastards damn near everytime I use them. SK is crap to.

·
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
15,014 Posts
I warranty snap on rachets monthly, altough they do take longer to break.
I can agree with that statement, however I havent broken any of mine yet.

42,948 Posts
I'm a fan of buying four craftsman ratchets for the same price as one snap on. Usually I won't break more then two or three of them before I get the job done :sonicjay:

Actually, I have had great luck with craftsman tools, and the only times i've broken ratchets is when I was doing things that I probably shouldn't be doing, such as a 4' cheater, or using a hammer.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Take them back

I have never had an issue with any of the ratchets I have (all craftsman)

But some time ago, I did hear they replace them with remans, which was sort of disappointing.

·
spelling nazi
2,563 Posts
My craftsman ratchets work just as well as the day I got them

I rarely use them

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
i've exchanged quite a few of the 1/2" craftsman ratchets and yeah they give you rebuilds. I do like my 1/4 and 3/8 kobalt ratchets though because of the fine increments.

·
Boost Withdrawl
2,706 Posts
i just brought in a broken one a few months ago and they gave me a new one off the shelf. Not a reman.
I find if I just take a new one off the shelf and bring it up to the counter and say "this broke" they just scan the new one in and hand it to me. Best to get the new girl as well. With the way the turnaround is at sears, theres always someone new to confidently tell "oh no, I get a new one".

·
Keep on truckin
5,937 Posts
I'm a fan of buying four craftsman ratchets for the same price as one snap on. Usually I won't break more then two or three of them before I get the job done :sonicjay:

Actually, I have had great luck with craftsman tools, and the only times i've broken ratchets is when I was doing things that I probably shouldn't be doing, such as a 4' cheater, or using a hammer.
X2 on that one. i have a craftsman set that i have had for a few years now and only few times have i broken anything with normal use.

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,044 Posts
I've had better luck with k-tool stuff then I have with Craftsman, But I am a cheapass and don't buy fancy tools,

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
I bought a Craftsman tool set that came with a broken 1/4" ratchet. They always strip out on me, the 1/4" and 3/8" drives usually do, even at the first hint of dirt getting in. Strips the gears real easily. My dad's S-K ratchets don't have any problems at all other than I kinda tweaked one a little by applying too much torque on it. Just took a hammer and bent the handle back straight though.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I have never heard of a reman. If one of my Craftsman tools break I take it to a Sears and get a new one off the shelf. How did you know it was a reman?

·
can you hear the banjos?
9,801 Posts
i <3 sk but we dont have a dealer. our snap on guy is a dick

hopefully he sees this because hes a member lol

1 - 20 of 72 Posts