Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Motorcycle wave

Votes: 18 75.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving around on our way to Cabela's yesterday........We passed a lot of Motorcycles and in passing one another they also do their own wave...So which one do you think came first ?

·
Your Message Here
5,856 Posts
The Jeep wave followed the Corvette wave.

Interestingly enough, part of the genesis of the Corvette was a business that crafted fiberglass bodies that fit onto WW2 surplus Jeeps to make them look like MG-ish sports cars. This "proof of concept" was a part of why the decision was made to go ahead with a glass-bodied vette.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Motorcycles have been around for decades before Jeeps even existed. I think you have your answer right there. :miff:

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
yeah, but since the first motorpickles were uber hardcore, the men riding them had to be monsters amongst men. therefore they didnt wave to each others like a bunch of silly fairy's. here is a pic of the proper jeep wave.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Motorcycles. When Iturned 16, I got a motorcycle and a friend got a jeep. Every other biker waved to me and hardly any jeep drivers waved to my buddy. I think the jeep wave caught on (around here at least) sometime in the 90's.

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts

Interestingly enough, part of the genesis of the Corvette was a business that crafted fiberglass bodies that fit onto WW2 surplus Jeeps to make them look like MG-ish sports cars. This "proof of concept" was a part of why the decision was made to go ahead with a glass-bodied vette.
Civilian jeeps have been around since 1945... Vettes 1953, How do you figure?

Honestly there is no way to tell.

Though the cyclists probably had it first, they have been around the longest.

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
Up this way seldom does a jeep driver wave , Between the motorcycle and the dump truck my waving arm is shot though .

The dump truck is kind of funny , you pull in and out of the same gravel pit or ashpalt plant several times in one day . There for you have the same group of dump trucks drivers waving at you every time .

Dump trucking ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, work for dummies . Im so happy now i found my niche in life .

·
Registered
5,407 Posts

x2. My Dad had a '63 vette new and told me later that they all used to wave to each other.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts