Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
42,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went for a visit to my local mexican grocery store for lunch, and I picked this up. Judging by the label, its "Refrescante" and "100% natural".

If "refrescante" means refreshing, this is clearly a case of false advertising. Frankly it tastes like walrus piss. But I'm curious what a tamarindo is.

·
I own @ halo
1,128 Posts
So how do you know what walrus piss tastes like? Tamarindo is a bean like fruit that grown on trees in central or south america (I don't know exactly what it is, I just asked the mexican kid that sits behind me at work)

·
I own @ halo
1,128 Posts
I don't know, the kid I asked seems to think it's damn good. I'm like "what's tamarindo?" and he instantly came back with "ooo goya I love that shit, tamarindo is this fruit, it has it's own taste, it's hard to describe". Then again this is the same guy that eats chilly powder on sugar dip pops instead of sugar (you can buy that at the mexican grocery store too)

·
Countryboy
1,599 Posts
I went for a visit to my local mexican grocery store for lunch, and I picked this up. Judging by the label, its "Refrescante" and "100% natural".

If "refrescante" means refreshing, this is clearly a case of false advertising. Frankly it tastes like walrus piss. But I'm curious what a tamarindo is.

Sol Goode had his piss bottled and now he is selling it and you like how it tastes. Your a sick man.

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
Tamarindo is a tart and sweet reftesco made from the seed pod of the tamarind tree. You will see the orange-sized balls of brown tamarindo seeds and pulp at the markets. The seeds are put in hot water so the sticky tamarindo washes off. Then sugar and cold water are added. The resulting light brown refresco is somewhat similar in flavor to apple juice.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts