Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
There is a really nice John Deere 2440 (60hp) on FB marketplace in Ottawa lake for $12k

Also a very nice JD 1530 (45hp) for $5500 on FB marketplace in Perry

Just a quick look and there is some quality equipment out there to be had, but I highly suspect that in another month there will be many more deals..

That is nice but I need a loader and 4x4 and a cab as I brush hogged a hornets nest last year and just about didn't get to an EpiPen soon enough. :woot:

RBB

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Well shit, Just one more monkey wrench in the mix, after looking at everything on the market 5 or 6 times, I had come to the conclusion the LS was my best option given all my needs. Until the night before last, when I stumbled into a FB post advertising the TYM tractors and there is a dealer 3 miles from my work. So yesterday's lunch included a tractor test drive. I think I am in love, Now the biggest factor that is swinging me to the TYM is every other tractor on the market is a common rail diesel with a ton of wires and sensors all over everything including the new exhaust BS. On the other hand the TYM is a miniature knock off of the old school Cummins with a Bosch injector pump on the side of it this thing only "NEEDS" 3 wires to run it. Pound for Pound everything else is a exact match. I will keep you guys updated as this plays out.

https://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/farm-equipment/for-sale/191982653/2020-tym-t574hst-cab

RBB:woot:

With tractors simpler is always better. Farmers are buying up all the old equipment because they can't work on the new stuff anymore.

·
Because I Said So...
1,081 Posts
I'm waiting on any non-essential purchase right now.

Sucks, but now's not the time for a big purchase in my opinion...

I think there will be some fantastic deals when we come out the other side of this.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,097 Posts
Good luck with whatever you build. I agree with seeing if anybody offers 0% to help move product as we are all locked in.

I totally get the don't want to buy somebody else's problems.

:sonicjay: You could plow your driveway in 0.005 seconds.
:sonicjay:

I have lots I could use it for at my place up north. :thumb:

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,734 Posts
My .02 is I'd go with the TYM over the LS. Rural King sells them if you need something. I thought they were pretty decently priced for what they are.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
"Lue" got delivered Thursday and put right to work this weekend :woot:

It is time to make room for the garage so some trees needed to go :woot:

the wife hard at work :thumb:

the Dodge earning its keep :thumb:

We used every last bit of what the tractor and truck had to get this big bitch out of the ground but we got it :rock:

21 - 40 of 51 Posts