Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
that is badass.... by the way i passed you yesterday on the road man.... going over the bridge in our 2002 grand

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
What a great thing for him to donate it back for everyone, he could have made money off it. It is great to see there are still people that have pride in sharing things like this.

:usa: I hope all 29 of them are resting in peace:usa:

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
while I don't doubt the foam lasting this long. I wonder how the rings outer layer lasted this many years without decay or fade. It just looks like it cracked a little.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
yeah no shit. over 30 years ago this happened, and now these people who are vacationing and "just found it", and it was in good enough shape that he "just rolled it to his daughter".

something smells fishy.

and i'm sorry i guess i'm not "one of those good people". i would have called the museum, but probably asked for at least a carton of cigaretts or some other small re-embursement.

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
sometimes this just happens. stuff ends up in the right spot and survives. if it is real is was meant to be. who knows.

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
x56385673785 that thing is allegedly from one of the most famous shipwrecks in american history. i bet it would have gone for buku bucks.

·
Pokerob is my B*tch!
11,515 Posts
yeah no shit. over 30 years ago this happened, and now these people who are vacationing and "just found it", and it was in good enough shape that he "just rolled it to his daughter".

something smells fishy.

and i'm sorry i guess i'm not "one of those good people". i would have called the museum, but probably asked for at least a carton of cigaretts or some other small re-embursement.
I kinda have to agree on this as well. That orange I would have thought would be way more faded then in those pictures.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
the other day i got in my jeep and found a magazine that i left in there for the last 2 weeks. almost all of the color was faded out of the cover page.

yeah....that colored little buttcushion should be almost white faded by now.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts