Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
66' Gladiator
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm from SE Michigan but I am currently going to school at FSU and looking for places over this way to wheel. I have no idea what the trails are like over here on the western side of the state. If anybody could help me out that'd be great. I've heard something about a new park that opened in Hart over by Silver Lake and was wondering if anybody knew anything about it or if it would be worth checking out. Also found the Trails Lincoln Hills and Tin Cup Spring Trail on the DNR site and was wondering if anybody has wheeled those. Thanks Alot :thumb:

·
Custom User Title
8,287 Posts
The Hart park is fun, but closed for the season. There is a lot of fun stuff near \/\/hitehall, if you ever get over this way. It is about 1.5 hours from you.

·
66' Gladiator
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
k thanks I'll have to head over there some weekend. How hard are the trails? I've got my 62 willys wagon up here now that I wheel in from time to time but the Gladiator will be done around the end of Oct. so I'll prob wait til then

·
66' Gladiator
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
u know where about around white cloud I went there to help my buddy when he was stranded and it wasn't to far.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I went up to the White Cloud area last year about this time and found some pretty good trails.

Check out my website www.jeephobby.com for info on White Cloud and some of the other trails in Western Michigan. Unfortunately, nothing I've found yet is very challenging, but some are better than others.

Dale

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Gladiator,

For west Michigan wheeling, I'd have to say that Silver Lake is the best that I've experienced. But, that's not really trail riding. If I had to pick a trail, I'd say that White Cloud was the best. When we went, there had been a lot of rain the week before so there were a lot of mud puddles to play in. Also, if you look on the jeephobby website you'll see an area that I marked as #3 that has a pretty fun hill to climb. We were traveling north to south so we went down the hill, but if you go south to north you'll get to climb it. Also, stay south of W3 Mile Rd. If you go north the trail gets too easy and not as much fun. I haven't explored to the south of 1 Mile Rd, but I plan on doing that in October for a color tour.

Post back if you find a fun trail.

Dale

1 - 13 of 13 Posts