Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Just The Spouse's spouse
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went on the Cedar River and the Platte River in the Glen Arbor area. Had a great time. I only caught 1 24" steelie and my buddy caught a 34" coho. It was pretty fun. I gotta try it again sometime. I was near Lake MI when we caught ours, but went up by the weir later. Saw more, but didnt catch any more. I fought a big one for a long time, but my line got snapped. That was a blast.:chauncy:

Cube, sorry I didnt have time to give you a buzz.:beer:

·
Registered
168 Posts
That's a damn big Coho and it's always nice to land a steelie, good work! I miss salmon fishing so much, booo to Nebraska

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Went on the Cedar River and the Platte River in the Glen Arbor area. Had a great time. I only caught 1 24" steelie and my buddy caught a 34" coho. It was pretty fun. I gotta try it again sometime. I was near Lake MI when we caught ours, but went up by the weir later. Saw more, but didnt catch any more. I fought a big one for a long time, but my line got snapped. That was a blast.:chauncy:

Cube, sorry I didnt have time to give you a buzz.:beer:
now your hooked lol ive been up twice this year and iam gonna try and go again this is my second year going and its a blast but the runs this year have been weak except for the platte

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,272 Posts
leave at 1:00 tomorrow for a weekend salmon trip.

·
Just The Spouse's spouse
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think i am going to have to go to alaska

·
Just The Spouse's spouse
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There were 9 wading at the 300' mark above the weir. Several offshore above that and sporadic the closer you get to the lake. It was a great fight, but I only caught one that day, so I have nothing to compare it to except the bass I normally go for.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
We call salmon Kings. We go off of Harbor Beach or Port Austin for salmon fishing in about 50-100+ feet of water, depending on the season. Salmon are great fighters and make reeling them in a blast! Gets boring waiting for them to bite, but once they do, they give you quite the adventure. I think our biggest salmon was like 24" and around 20 pounds. Took over 15 minutes to bring it in, but it was well worth it.

·
I Drank WHAT!
709 Posts
Salmon fishing is a blast!

Been going every weekend for the last 6 weeks, just got back from a 5 day trip on the Manistee. Will be going again next weekend.

·
Premium Member
6,223 Posts
A 34 inch coho? That's a monster. Sure it wasn't a king?

A steelie and a salmon isn't a bad day at all. Going 1 for 2 fishing for them on a river isn't bad at all either. Spawn?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts