Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for the weller part number for the flange adapter to put a 8.8 in YJ. I have the 369 u-joint.

They think I am nuts...I am but I still need that number.

·
Support the Sport!
2,015 Posts
Not wellar but the spicer part number is

Spicer 2-2-1379

·
Support the Sport!
2,015 Posts
Oh, and I've heard but not confirmed (maybe you could be the guinea pig) that the flange adapter from a Ranger will work and is also a 1310 series joint

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have this info...

bigger u-joint (1310) 2-2-1369
smaller u-joint 2-2-1379

And I asked about this....2-2-1369 but they still didn't know what I was talking about.

·
Support the Sport!
2,015 Posts
Mine didn't have one on it when I bought it. Here is a Ford Part number for the adapter and I've ehard that it's about $25 though I've not called Ford to find out.

Ford Part number... E9TZ-4782-B

Have you tried getting a NAPA employee to cross reference the spicer number?

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What do you think the odds are that the slip part of the explorer drive shaft will slide onto my drive shaft?

:tonka:

It's worth a try.

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What do you think the odds are that the slip part of the explorer drive shaft will slide onto my drive shaft?

:tonka:

It's worth a try.
Actually the odds are very good. Here you see the slip part of the explorer on the left and the slip part of my driveshaft on the right. The splines are the same. It slips right on. The explorer u-joint is bigger. Dunno of that is a good thing or not. Caps are the same size from what I can tell, the joint is just wider.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Actually the odds are very good. Here you see the slip part of the explorer on the left and the slip part of my driveshaft on the right. The splines are the same. It slips right on. The explorer u-joint is bigger. Dunno of that is a good thing or not. Caps are the same size from what I can tell, the joint is just wider.

that looks like an interesting thing to try out

·
Support the Sport!
2,015 Posts
The balance might be a bit off since they are balanced all together and you might concern yourself somewhat with the thought that you may bottom out your slip in the smaller shaft but you might be able to work around those things pretty easy too.

·
GL 4x4 Vendors
3,146 Posts
Dana (Spicer) doesn't offer that flange anymore, they've restricted it.

You can get the flanges from Neapco now, but I don't recall the number off hand.

There are two flange sizes, the small one for the 1310 u-joint and the larger one which can be the 1310 or the 1330.

·
GL 4x4 Vendors
3,146 Posts
Mine didn't have one on it when I bought it. Here is a Ford Part number for the adapter and I've ehard that it's about $25 though I've not called Ford to find out.

Ford Part number... E9TZ-4782-B

Have you tried getting a NAPA employee to cross reference the spicer number?
I've never been able to find that through Ford, it's always sold WITH the driveshaft. But you bet I'm calling them on Monday with that part number!

·
Support the Sport!
2,015 Posts
I've never been able to find that through Ford, it's always sold WITH the driveshaft. But you bet I'm calling them on Monday with that part number!
Post back if it works. I found it online and you know how that goes.

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The balance might be a bit off since they are balanced all together and you might concern yourself somewhat with the thought that you may bottom out your slip in the smaller shaft but you might be able to work around those things pretty easy too.
It's a YJ...can't really bottom it out as the axle moves back as it moves up. I am more worried about pulling it apart.

As for the balance....I had to replace the slip part with an off the shelf, un balanced slip part after the original failed on Drummond. I don't drive it long distances at high speed. Not a big deal. Crap, the front driveshaft is home made.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts