Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
101 - 120 of 153 Posts

·
Gustafson
10,792 Posts
Did I read correctly that the barn floor will be up to the height of the blocks so you have to bring in a shit ton of dirt?
yep lots and lots of fill will be needed to get the garage floor in place.

RBB
I believe it based on this picture. It looks like the grade slopes off quite a bit from the house to where you're putting the block.

Wheel Tire Tractor Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
Just curious, why do that instead of the typical pole barn construction?
I started two different construction projects at the farm one being a attached garage and the other being a pole barn.
This is a garage, it will house my heated shop and tools, that will be attached to the house at the end of the project the garage and house will have new matching roofs and siding. We will be foaming the walls and finishing the inside, I have a pole barn to put up also, but it will be nothing more than cold storage with a gravel floor and some 110 for lights

RBB

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Back at it again this weekend, we still have around 300 more blocks to lay, but we are getting there, with any luck we will get this rapped up next weekend and I can start hauling backfill soon. I have ordered 625 tons of sand, we will see how that goes, LOU has her work cut out for her over the next few weeks.

Tradesman Wood Tree Brickwork Composite material

Tree Wood Shade Plant Landscape

All this space for activities I am getting so excited seeing this come together
Wood Tree Asphalt Road surface Land lot

She is such a trooper willing to follow me into whatever harebrained idea I come up with.
Sky Plant Road surface Wood Tree

Daytime Plant Tree Asphalt Road surface

Shorts Wood Window Tree Road surface

·
Gustafson
10,792 Posts
Yup, you seem to have a great teammate there!!!!!!
Project is coming along nicely, gonna be so cool when you get the buildings all done.
X2! I can't wait to see it.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Loads 2 and 3 of 30 showed up Friday so Sat morning LOU and I got to work. We scooped, spread, leveled, and wheel packed the 75 tons down, Sat night it rained on it and Sunday morning the little guy and I ran the compactor all over it for a few hours.

Slope Tree Land lot Grass Wood

Plant Slope Land lot Asphalt Road surface

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Plant

Mower Plant Automotive tire Asphalt Lawn mower

Tire Wheel Mower Walk-behind mower Lawn mower

This puts me at 10% I have a long way to go but little buy little we are getting there.

RBB

101 - 120 of 153 Posts