Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Yooper In Training
7,569 Posts
Had an 8ft PT 2x4 last winter from I think Home Depot that started off straight and within a couple weeks had a solid foot of crown to it. That one impressed me!

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
I spent 4800 bucks on this same order 25 days ago now it is over 9 K

Product Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot

I spent around $125 in boat shrink wrap for the barn and the garage together
Tarpaulin Grass Tints and shades Tree Electric blue

This is all of the barn over here on the gravel
Plant Plant community Tire Automotive tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tarpaulin

The last big Item is the garage trusses strangely there prices have not changed much over the past month

Computer Personal computer Font Software Parallel

Computer Personal computer Product Font Rectangle

RBB

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,947 Posts
The canada covid boarder thing will probably make stuff go crazy, but for how long?

Sorry I brought it into your thread... :(

·
Project Antitube
1,245 Posts
I ended up buying 1/2" CDX for repairing my garage at ~$23 a sheet average because OSB was north of $30 and I had to drive an hour to get it.

If you buy stuff in batches, you can go to the service desk and get price adjustments at 14 days, just tell them you want it for store credit.

I once got an argument from an assistant manager and I told her I was happy to rebuy and return and I'd still get my $200, but they'd have to pay somebody to put the wood back. She said "are you going to do store credit" and I said "yeap, and I'll be using it toward another $1000 worth of stuff I'll see you in two weeks for". She caved.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
The trusses were 8,100 dollars after taxes and drop shipping to the farm and I have a 800 dollar mail in rebate, that I dropped in the mail this morning.

As I have been watching the lumber market I don't think I will ever be able to beat that price, so it was time to pull the trigger.

Now, I need the skating rink to warm up so I can drain it to put my footings in.

RBB

Snow Tree Slope Outdoor recreation Asphalt

·
Project Antitube
1,245 Posts
Yeah, things aren't looking good. I was hoping to do a bathroom this year and even that looks pretty ominous. I basically only want to do it at either Spring or Fall and it's hard to get stuff that doesn't suck. It's either that or I'm going to end up doing a builder basic bathroom.

I spent like $1200 on hardwood for jamb extensions, windowsills, etc and that hurt bad enough. Pieces of wood that used to be like $11 now cost $34.

Can't imagine trying to build anything right now. I'm ready to put a ceiling in the garage finally and I'm too cheap to do that.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Well it is on now!! my ground has dried out enough to get to work last weekend we got the laser out to check grades and then double tape each of the corners in I needed to take about a foot of dirt out of the breezeway to level the footings. With how everything is setting now I have changed gears from digging a trench footing to forming my footings on the top of the clay grade as I will still need 6 courses of block on top of that formed footing to get my finished floor where I want it. This meant I needed to take farm truck out for a supply run (shopping spree). I started with a trip to the local Agg store to drop one of these in the bed of the Beast
Automotive exterior Rectangle Auto part Computer monitor accessory Font

then it was off to the lumber store to pick up these

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Then it was off to HF for one of these.

Font Gas Auto part

I am now on the calendar for July 16th for the mason to lay the 1000 plus blocks needed for this foundation but first I need to get the footings done.

RBB

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
After work yesterday Team Blanchard got most of the hand digging done that the tractor couldn't get to. I still have some cleanup around the edges but for the most part they did great.
Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Slope Plant Groundcover Composite material Road surface

Plant Window Slope Tree Grass

Slope Composite material Geological phenomenon Tire Gas

Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Vehicle

RBB

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Took Thursday and Friday off work as I had 14 cubic yards of concrete on its way Saturday morning. Worked from sun up to sun down on my forms and prep work Thursday and Friday, took about 45 minutes to empty both trucks Sat morning and start the clean up work. My ass is still dragging today but getting something done on the garage is a great feeling. I have around 1000 blocks to lay next weekend if anyone wants a good workout let me know.

Plant Wood Land lot Tree Biome

Wheel Tire Plant Wood Road surface

Wood Road surface Asphalt Foundation Composite material

Plant Flowerpot Wood Automotive tire Tree

Plant Window Tree Wood Road surface

Plant Wheel Tire Sky Cloud

Wheel Sky Plant Vehicle Shorts

Plant Tree Road surface Asphalt Slope

Road surface Asphalt Automotive tire Grass Composite material
Plant Slope Tree Road surface Composite material

81 - 100 of 116 Posts