Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,274 Posts
Don't worry FF, were all just going to die due to Earthquakes in Yellowstone.

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
Don't worry FF, were all just going to die due to Earthquakes in Yellowstone.
looks like the flashlight cop never took geology.:poke:

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,274 Posts
looks like the flashlight cop never took geology.:poke:
Actually Yellowstone is a geologically active place known as a supervolcano. It also houses something like 75percent of the worlds active geysers. Much of yellowstone is in a crator(like your face) which was formed from a huge eruptions some 65000 years ago. These could be signs of something huge to come out of this area. 1959 was the last time a big quake came from here.:fish:

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Actually Yellowstone is a geologically active place known as a supervolcano. It also houses something like 75percent of the worlds active geysers. Much of yellowstone is in a crator(like your face) which was formed from a huge eruptions some 65000 years ago. These could be signs of something huge to come out of this area. 1959 was the last time a big quake came from here.:fish:
do i get 4 credit hours in geology 101 for reading your post?

·
Web Wheeler Extraordinair
2,278 Posts
From 1,000 to 3,000 earthquakes typically occur each year within Yellowstone National Park and its immediate surroundings. Although most are too small to be felt, these quakes reflect the active nature of the Yellowstone region, one of the most seismically active areas in the United States. Each year, several quakes of magnitude 3 to 4 are felt by people in the park.

Everything you want to know about the Yellowstone super volcano
http://www.solcomhouse.com/yellowstone.htm

·
Go lil yellow Roobicon...
1,960 Posts
It's speculated that if an eruption were to occur in yellowstone, it would be nothing short of a global killer.
I think that's a pretty good speculation.

When a hole in the earth the size of Utah goes "BOOM"... well I just hope I get hit by the debris rather than waiting to choke to death on poison gas or get buried in ash.

I thought the Mayan calendar gave us until 2012??

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
you get a F for not citing your sources. oh, and i am searching the archives for the picture of you with a huge puss pod on your face, gonna make a motivational poster.:poke:

·
Postal Scrambler
807 Posts
Oh boy. Anyone know if that is a major increase in the frequency of quakes?

Curious why this thread was started, Monkeyevil, do you regularly check the quake activity in Yellowstone?

May be one hell of a New Year's celebration. I need to go get more booze.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.