Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
"RHINO ZJ"
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During the rescue I was told my front tires quit turning.

So I just started washing the Jeep and I found this......

These are preliminary pics of what I think is the reason I had such a hard time crawling out of the hole. http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=58844

We also think the axle shaft on the passenger side is broke inside the tube. We won't know until we open it up.

Anthony

·
I got a gold chain
16,445 Posts
Although this may be the most prettiest ride on this website dickheads, it still sucks to break no matter what :stan:
Did I say anything bad about his "ride"?

I just noted the big pubic hair, you don't see it?

And your a double dickhead..........so there!:stan: :sonicjay:

·
meh.
7,816 Posts
Did I say anything bad about his "ride"?

I just noted the big pubic hair, you don't see it?

And your a double dickhead..........so there!:stan: :sonicjay:
Thats a double burn, I have nothing :(

And no I did not see a pube and no I am not going back to that picture to a find a "pube" on his "knuckle"

·
Slice of Starsage Anyone?
5,070 Posts
This is why I don't wash my car.

·
"RHINO ZJ"
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am working on 60's right now but I am thinking Rockwells might be a better option for my rig. I am already heavy and I have the horse power now.

I will have to run this by my fab guy and find out what my better options are.

Thanks for checking it out everyone.

Anthony

·
Yankabilly
7,944 Posts
A pubic hair on your knuckle? Yea, thats kinda gross.
definitely worth quoting again :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
Did you have the ujoints tacked in place?

·
2013 King of da Moustache
2,342 Posts
nice mud hole for sure....since anthony's new to wheeling...LOL he'll learn how to extract a 6k vechile better in the future.

oh, im glad you are getting bigger axles. i was hoping your weren't gonna stick w/ d44s much longer...with a zj + cage + hemi power + boggers. your rear isnt stronger over stock and your front is a marginal at best front upgrade w/ out serious $ into them.

·
5,820 Posts
I am working on 60's right now but I am thinking Rockwells might be a better option for my rig.

Anthony
if you think you need rockwells or even think they are a good option then you have a bit of research to do.

you broke a STOCK dana 44 shaft, congratulations! a 60 is more than enough for your rig once you go to 35 spline outers. I did the same thing to my front axle a bunch of times with 100hp, 37s and 3500lbs. Only when I went to sticky 37s, 200hp and front dig did i manage to break a chromoly outer shaft that was in the truck 2 years.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts