Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was using my winch for the first time the other day and had a 3 position switch get stuck while the winch was engaged. My winch pulled it's self to pieces. Tried to toggle the switch and it would not stop, jumped out of the truck and grabbed the wires and yanked them out of the winch solenoids, but I was too late the damage was done. I am looking for a housing for a 24v 9000 or 12000 military winch. Everything internally on my winch is like new, the motor is new. So lets see if we can revive another winch and keep it out of the scrap yard. Send me a price ASAP.

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
are you sure its 9000 lbs model? I have a 6000lbs 24V warn model that looks almost exactly like that one that one if its of use to you. The military used 8,9, and 12,000 lbs models is why I was asking.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That one there is a MIL-12,000. I had to contact Warn and the serial number on the left side of the housing will identify it. The housings are the same the gears are different from my understanding. Send me a picture or two of it and let me compare the two of them to be sure.

·
Registered
166 Posts
That one there is a MIL-12,000. I had to contact Warn and the serial number on the left side of the housing will identify it. The housings are the same the gears are different from my understanding. Send me a picture or two of it and let me compare the two of them to be sure.
I'll snap you loads of pics tomorrow for comparison and send you a pm with them.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still looking guys... Lilmuddys' winch housing was not big enough, there is quite the difference on the planetary gear housing side 6k winch is 3 to 3 1/2" and on the 12k it is 7".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts