Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok..here's the plan...
Longarm, steel bumpers (my design), and stroker, putting 34" or 35" tires on it......
now for what I need........EVERYTHING
I have no garage, I have very limited tools.
I dont want someone to do it for me, I want someone to help me do it.
I need to find someone with a garage and a welder willing to help turn my ZJ into something worth wheeling.
I will supply the beer and pizza.
I have very little welding experience so I will need a bit of help there.
I plan on using my D30 and D35 (i know, I know, "they'll break").

other plans incluse roof rack (my design), Interior cage, rock rails, light bar, and swing-out tire carrier. Those will be later though.

Anybody in my area willing to help?

5,476 Posts
take a welding class at a community college. build it urself :thumb:

im sure people wouldnt mind helping, but asking somoeone to do all the fab work for beer, pizza, and consumables without them being a good friend is a lot to ask.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats just it...I DONT want someone to do it...I want to do it myself. I just dont have a garage or a welder. I AM willing to pay cash for things that I cant do (probably should have said that). I just want help.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm in Saginaw and have a garage and tools but no torch or welder
I appreciate that more than you know. That is proof of what kind of people are involved in this sport.
I HAVE however aquired use of a heated pole barn, welder, and tools in pinconning. I will be posting a "wrenching meet and greet" when I begin this project.
thank you again EBROWN

·
Registered
40 Posts
Too far to help but a cheap chop saw (Harbor freight) and a sawzall work pretty good. cleaner cuts than a torch. always cut a fraction bigger than needed. It's easier to take more off than to add it back. Got a Dana 20 if you are interested. realy realy cheap!!! came off acj7 with a 304 bought a frame and axles for disc brakes and power steer box. don't need rear axle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts