Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stash of empties is running low and I've got some brew I'll need to bottle in the near future. Free would be great, as I end up giving a lot of it to family and friends anyhow.

750ml bottles that use a standard #8 cork
pry off style beer bottles

·
FORMER BULLET CATCHER
10,279 Posts
Plenty of drunks around here, you may of hit a gold mine.

·
missmrgreenagain
21,341 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I could probably come up with a bunch of beer bottles. We have too many laying around, It might be cheaper to go to party store and pay them 10 cents each though.

·
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
15,014 Posts
Find people who like to drink hard ciders, those bottles typically don't have the Michigan $.10 refund and most are just thrown away.

Angry orchard and the such.

·
welfare wheeler
6,989 Posts
i just gave away an 8ft pick up bed full of clean sanitized bottles in case boxes, about 3 months ago.
all no labels, mostly 12 oz brown pry off.
and a couple hundred shorty red stripe bottles.
and a couple hundred 22oz clear new castle bottles.
u would have hit the jack pot!
we brew alot less, and when we do we keg it now!

·
FORMER BULLET CATCHER
10,279 Posts
Beer

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i just gave away an 8ft pick up bed full of clean sanitized bottles in case boxes, about 3 months ago.
all no labels, mostly 12 oz brown pry off.
and a couple hundred shorty red stripe bottles.
and a couple hundred 22oz clear new castle bottles.
u would have hit the jack pot!
we brew alot less, and when we do we keg it now!
Son of a bitch.

I did think about going the party store route, I just assumed that they'd tell me they couldn't sell me bottles for deposit as a health code thing or something.

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts
I do not return bottles. I throw them out.

I'd be willing to save them for you, both wine and beer, but I hate tripping over them. So you'd have to be willing to pick them up on the regular. I'm pretty far from Ypsi though.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I do not return bottles. I throw them out.

I'd be willing to save them for you, both wine and beer, but I hate tripping over them. So you'd have to be willing to pick them up on the regular. I'm pretty far from Ypsi though.
Hazel Park these days. If you end up with a collection large enough to merit the trip, I have no problem heading up on a weekend.

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts
Hazel Park these days. If you end up with a collection large enough to merit the trip, I have no problem heading up on a weekend.
That won't happen, I throw them out every wednesday for trash day before my wife can stock pile enough of them to return. Probably not worth the drive for 12-24 bottles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts