Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i currently own a 94' wrangler, i'm running the stock, 2.5l AMC I4, and an ax-5 tranny. i'm looking to upgrade to preferably a 4.0l AMC I6, or something comparable. In addition to that i'm looking for an ax-15 transmission and the same goes for that in the sense that i would accept something comparable. mileage isn't too much of an issue, and I wouldn't like to have to put any extra money into the engine or transmission.
thanks.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
i have a complete engine-swap package for you. 4.0 from a '97 TJ. runs great. i also have the complete intake, sensors, wiring, and computer for a '94 YJ. this would make it a drop-in motor (except the mounts on the frame) for your Jeep. the wiring, sensors, etc., everything you need, including flywheel and clutch. PM me if interested or for more information....

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
pretty sure you're going to need a t case because i think the 4cylinders used 21 splines
Correct.

You will need a 23 spline input NP231 t-case, or a planetary set with 23 spline input to install into your t-case. I have both if your interested.

I also have an AX15 trans, shifts well, but other than that I have no info on it.

I also have a Down East Offroad Dana300 flip kit to put a Dana 300 t-case behind an ax15 (or any other Jeep 23 spline output trans) to make it a Drivers drop t-case.

I probably have other stuff as well.

·
EvL 1
3,566 Posts
I got a 4.0 out of a 95 xj that runs awsome. You pull it $150, if I pull it it'll be $225. call me at 517-317-3704 if your interested. I also have the aw4 behind it that I'll throw in for 100.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts