Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Yooper In Training
7,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weekend of August 4 I'll hopefully be driving from Highland, MI to SE Indiana to pick up a Jeep Scrambler and bring it back. I don't have a car hauler, and I'd rather not rent one of the crappy U-Hauls if I can help it. Does anybody near Highland (48357) have a suitable, reliable trailer I could borrow from Friday evening 8/3/07 until Sunday 8/5/07? I'd be willing to pay a reasonable fee in IOUs, cash, beer, blowjobs from BMFmike, etc.
This is just tentative right now, but I'd like to get the plans worked out as more details arise and I get things finalized.

·
Yooper In Training
7,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They're that cheap? I coulda sworn they were more than that last time I checked. I'd still rather something else if I can find it though....I've heard the U-Haul car haulers are heavy as hell. That's mostly what I meant by crappy. I'd rather keep the weight to a minimum.

Oh, and for the record, I'm experienced towing and everything. I've towed boats, jetski's, cars, and even a 9k lb+ 30' enclosed trailer nearly across the country and back.

·
Registered
6,342 Posts
My next door neighbor just rented a U-Haul car hauler last week. I wouldn't say that it was "crappy". It was actually pretty nice.
It was like ten years ago when I rented one so maybe there trailers are better now but the one I rented had a sticker on it that said not to go over 45mph and it did not haul very good past that. And if he needs it for the weekend that would get expensive.

·
Yooper In Training
7,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I recently hauled a 6x12 enclosed that said not to exceed 45 but it was fine at 80.......but I've heard worse things about the car haulers. Like I said before, I'm an experienced hauler and I'm willing to pay accordingly to borrow a good trailer.

·
Glad I'm not Gay J. Hall!
3,090 Posts
plus if you tell uhaul your gonna go get a jeep they won't rent it to ya, I'd rent ya mine for the weekend but i'm using it to move that weekend

·
Yooper In Training
7,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah if U-Haul asked I'd say I was going 20 miles get a Corsica or some crap like that.

·
meh.
7,816 Posts
The weekend of August 4 I'll hopefully be driving from Highland, MI to SE Indiana to pick up a Jeep Scrambler and bring it back. I don't have a car hauler, and I'd rather not rent one of the crappy U-Hauls if I can help it. Does anybody near Highland (48357) have a suitable, reliable trailer I could borrow from Friday evening 8/3/07 until Sunday 8/5/07? I'd be willing to pay a reasonable fee in IOUs, cash, beer, blowjobs from BMFmike, etc.
This is just tentative right now, but I'd like to get the plans worked out as more details arise and I get things finalized.
OMG lolz

maybe you should save your money and get a real truck and trailer to pull that piece of shit around.

HMMMMMmmmmm.

·
Yooper In Training
7,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OMG lolz

maybe you should save your money and get a real truck and trailer to pull that piece of shit around.

HMMMMMmmmmm.
Don't you have a stinger to tack weld on or something?

·
Throttle control?
259 Posts
feel free to use my trail for free if ya want :thumb:

too bad it would cost ya $400 to come get it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts