Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
POST EM UP from this summer - or super sweet ones from whenever....
I wanna see your Wakeboard boats too :d:
P.S. Looking for a pull in the GB area, but I don't have my board down here right now...

I guess I suck at posting pictures these days, here's the damn link
http://picasaweb.google.com/kristen.k.winter/Wakeboarding

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
what length is your rope at? ..

i tried to get pics a couple times each time i either forgot my camera or batteries were dead :(

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what length is your rope at? ..

i tried to get pics a couple times each time i either forgot my camera or batteries were dead :(
Honestly I don't even remember I think it's at the full length because I don't know where I'd find the extra links but I remember shortening it up, does about 30 -40 feet sound right? ( just visualized about how many arms lengths it takes to wind up the rope, haha)

I've got my home made ~7-8 foot pylon I'm riding behind now...

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats a huge pole
That's what happens when a chick gets to measure it out how she wants...:woot:

Next time I am home im going to take more pictures of the pylon and the base and everything - Bones thought for sure it would rip out the bottom of the boat. I've been riding with it for a few summers now, and I proved him wrong (again)!!!! :d: :tonka: But for some reason he doesn't trust riding behind it :miff:

Sweet pics.

Where is that at?

Thanks, Long Lake in Alpena.. (home sweet home...)

·
Captain of my pants
4,159 Posts
you promised me like 4 years ago you would come to TC and wakeboard

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Our place up north is about 15-20 minutes north of there in Curtisville. I have had many a cocktail in the bar right on the lake there!

:woot:
I've never heard of CUrtisville and I've lived up there my entire life...unless something changed in the last 2-3 years I've been down here for school...

·
Blowd up
6,335 Posts
x2

That's what happens when a chick gets to measure it out how she wants...:woot:

Next time I am home im going to take more pictures of the pylon and the base and everything - Bones thought for sure it would rip out the bottom of the boat. I've been riding with it for a few summers now, and I proved him wrong (again)!!!! :d: :tonka: But for some reason he doesn't trust riding behind it :miff:

Thanks, Long Lake in Alpena.. (home sweet home...)
That's what I thought. We have a cottage on Grand Lake. I love it up there.

·
Sinister Minister
2,269 Posts
I've never heard of CUrtisville and I've lived up there my entire life...unless something changed in the last 2-3 years I've been down here for school...
How could you have never heard of Curtisville? If you took Rose City Rd East til it dead ends at S. Branch Rd (if you go north, Long Lake Rd if you go south, a.k.a. the Long Lake Bar) you would head north and take it through South Branch. After you are through South Branch the road then becomes Curtisville Rd and it turns to dirt at Bamfield Rd. If you head east there a fifteen minute drive will take you into Glennie to have some pizza at the Glennie Tavern! A 30 second ride continuing north on Curtisville rd however will take you to our 17 acres on the corner of Wissmiller and Curtisville Rd. If you keep going down Curtisville Rd you will wind up in the State Forrest!

:tonka:

I also go out on my buddy's island on Sage Lake as often as I can, he just built one of those log cabin kit houses out there this year. Awesome set up!

:thumb:

·
Blowd up
6,335 Posts
How could you have never heard of Curtisville? If you took Rose City Rd East til it dead ends at S. Branch Rd (if you go north, Long Lake Rd if you go south, a.k.a. the Long Lake Bar) you would head north and take it through South Branch. After you are through South Branch the road then becomes Curtisville Rd and it turns to dirt at Bamfield Rd. If you head east there a fifteen minute drive will take you into Glennie to have some pizza at the Glennie Tavern! A 30 second ride continuing north on Curtisville rd however will take you to our 17 acres on the corner of Wissmiller and Curtisville Rd. If you keep going down Curtisville Rd you will wind up in the State Forrest!

:tonka:

I also go out on my buddy's island on Sage Lake as often as I can, he just built one of those log cabin kit houses out there this year. Awesome set up!

:thumb:
I could be wrong, but I think you have the wrong Long Lake.

·
Sinister Minister
2,269 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 20 of 49 Posts