Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
http://ballotpedia.org/Michigan_Sal...ansportation_Amendment,_Proposal_1_(May_2015)

A couple without kids, two cars and $65,000 in annual income would pay $642 more in taxes...
A single mother with one child, a "beater" car and $21,000 in income would see a $112 tax cut.
A college student who often borrows a car and has $8,000 in income would pay an extra $102.
A single renter with one car and $50,600 in income would pay $293 more.
A family of four with $58,000 in income, two cars and that uses a boat to fish would pay an additional $669.
A family of five with $120,000 in income, two cars and a boat would pay $913 more.
A family of five with $210,000 in income, three cars and a large boat would pay an extra $1,298.

·
offensive 2 the sensitive
2,853 Posts

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts
This makes it sound terrible as one group is getting a tax cut and everyone else pays more. The tax cut for the mom is nice but not nearly enough to offset the other increases. Is this proposal really this bad?
Please don't vote, on anything. It's not that people think you are dumb (as you posted in your other thread), it's that you are completely fucking stupid.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I will be dragging my 4 and 2 year old to the poll to do my part to stop this shit legislation.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,113 Posts
I will be dragging my 4 and 2 year old to the poll to do my part to stop this shit legislation.
Just don't tell them that your "no" vote means less education funding and more debt for them to pay when they are old enough to start paying taxes.:thumb:

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,113 Posts
This makes it sound terrible as one group is getting a tax cut and everyone else pays more. The tax cut for the mom is nice but not nearly enough to offset the other increases. Is this proposal really this bad?
Make no mistake, it is a tax increase, but those examples seem to have been constructed to make it look worse than it is.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Please don't vote, on anything. It's not that people think you are dumb (as you posted in your other thread), it's that you are completely fucking stupid.
we voted those bozoes into office to make hard decisions on our behalf. what do we get? we got a "here you decide" stance. we NEED a part time legislature seeing as how they do not want to make "full time" sensible decisions.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,113 Posts
we voted those bozoes into office to make hard decisions on our behalf. what do we get? we got a "here you decide" stance. we NEED a part time legislature seeing as how they do not want to make "full time" sensible decisions.
The reason we had to decide was that what they chose to be the best option required a change to the state constitution, which the legislature can't just do.

·
Registered
9,365 Posts
Just don't tell them that your "no" vote means less education funding and more debt for them to pay when they are old enough to start paying taxes.:thumb:
I do beleive we should look at the education system to begin with. We throw tons of money at it and we still fail the kids with the way the money is being spent. They say prop 1 is to fix the roads. Where does education come into play here?

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
The reason we had to decide was that what they chose to be the best option required a change to the state constitution, which the legislature can't just do.
And possibly it was worked that way because none of the politicians want to be seen as the one who raised taxes and potentially lose a future election because of it, so they shoved it onto the people to do to themselves.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Taxing gasoline, natural gas, propane, and increased sales tax is bullshit. Spend what we have more wisely. My kids will appreciate the extra spending money we have as a family. Reform needs to happen not higher taxes.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts