Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. I have a supercharger that I will not be using. It is a Vortech V1 mounted to a SBC mount along with a saginaw power steering pump. This has a 3" pulley on it, and should deliver 7-9 lb's of boost through 6000 rpm on a 350 CI engine. Of corse it can be adapted to anything you want, but right now it is setup for a SBC. Oil lines for unit and return are included, but crank pulley and belt are not. $750

·
Registered
138 Posts
im pretty much dumb as hell... what would be required to adapt it to a 96-98 Chevy vortec engine? Does this have a part # or anything for idenificaiton purposes? PM me prease!

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A Vortec 350 would love this. You would need a crank pulley, belt and some tubing/pipework to connect the outlet to your intake. A K&N filter can be mounted directly to the Intake of the unit, or more piping can be used to move the filter into the cab.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is a 700cfm unit and is intended to support 480hp. (ideally, it takes your 300hp engine and makes up to 480).

·
AKA GreyShrink
521 Posts
I have a Vortec 5.3 with that "active fuel management" in my 2007 Trailblazer. Would there be any problems fitting it to that?

·
Im going FAST!!!
3,810 Posts
MMMMMMMM I have been eying that thing in your garage for a while........

I have to look and see how hard that would be to hook up to my 302.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a Vortec 5.3 with that "active fuel management" in my 2007 Trailblazer. Would there be any problems fitting it to that?
Im sure the fuel managment could keep up, but you would have to buy or make a different mounting plate for your Gen 3 engine.

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,779 Posts
Any good sources of info for installing these. I would be installing with either a carb or tbi (amc motor)??

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TBI would be easy. To run a carb you would have to buy one of the pressure boxes that completely encloses the carburator.

·
Im going FAST!!!
3,810 Posts
I have to look and see how I could fit this in the buggy, it is really tight.
But I need it. Is it at your house I may have to stop by this weekend if I go to woodward and see how big it is and how I can make it fit.

You have to have a different crank pully because the belt is bigger than the factory belt correct????

·
Registered
138 Posts
hmm. Was this run on a carb'd sb before correct? Looks as if the mounting brackets/everything besides the 'blower' itself would be kinda usefull for my application.. but i still wants it :( No part # on the blower itself? I highly doubt they would sell all the individual pieces to set it up.. me=sol

·
Im going FAST!!!
3,810 Posts
hmm. Was this run on a carb'd sb before correct? Looks as if the mounting brackets/everything besides the 'blower' itself would be kinda usefull for my application.. but i still wants it :( No part # on the blower itself? I highly doubt they would sell all the individual pieces to set it up.. me=sol

If I buy it I wont need the brackets because I would put it on a 302. I could sell them to you

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dana I will be at Hosejockeys house all day Sunday and can bring it if you want to check it out.

I currently have 2 out-of-state bidders on one of the musclecar forums I frequent, but I really don't want to ship. (I haven't answered their PM's yet, hoping for something local).

·
Im going FAST!!!
3,810 Posts
Would I have to change injectors????

Let me know what time in the AM you are going there I can probably stop by to check it out. I may drive the buggy there so you can see how tight it is.

PM me your #

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dana, number is 313 657 4344, and I will be ay caseya at 8. Mudtruck, I will be amazed if it lasts through the weekend. This is less than 1/4 the price for a new one and this only has an hour of run time on it.

·
Im going FAST!!!
3,810 Posts
ok Scott I am OUT I just went out in the garage and looked at how much room I have their is NO way that thing is fitting. :(

BTT for bad ass SC

1 - 20 of 27 Posts