Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
******* Poser
7,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any one here collect vintage license plates? I found 2 1962 plates with consecutive #'s and 2 1963 tabs.:thumb:

edit:not sequential. They were the same, one for the front, one for the back.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
theres a bunch of mid to late 70's plates in my grandma's garage, i think there mostly the '76 bicentennial or whatever it was design

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I know 78 was still the bicentennial plate, they used stickers, probably the same for 79...

81 I thought was the old blue plate, but I am not sure.

Black/white plate was in there someplace?
yes, black/ white is in there somewhere, but i dont know which year it was

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
In really good condition, they can go for $20-40 each, depending on the year and how many people want them at an auction. Years like '57 or '66 go for more sometimes. It's been a while since I've seen any sell, so the market may be different than that now.

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
In really good condition, they can go for $20-40 each, depending on the year and how many people want them at an auction. Years like '57 or '66 go for more sometimes. It's been a while since I've seen any sell, so the market may be different than that now.

That should be about right... I paid $30 or $35 for my 1946 plate without shipping... I was able to pick up locally.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I collect them and will take them off your hands for you!

I am looking to collect all 50 states - 15 so far. I am doing it only by word of mouth and not cheating and buying any off eBay or anywhere else myself. I am looking to do it to make a wall in my basement to display them all after i get the 50.

I am also taking expired Michigan Blues and any other older ones too for another project.

I'll pay shipping if necessary for good older or out-of-state plates though!

If anyone has any, please let me know!! </whore>

·
Registered
209 Posts
I might have 1 or 2 matched pairs! I'll check on them. Not in bad condition either, i think the top right might have a bend on each, bit it can be rolled back and not noticed i bet...

That link is cool for MI plates!!! I just meant any friends/family in other states that could send you some goodies. :) I do need Ontario still.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts