Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Jeeps, Journey and Jesus
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a video on the boat out in Lake Erie yesterday. The quality isn't great since I was holding the camera in one hand and driving with the other (didn't trust my really drunk friends with the camera).

Only got it up to about 65mph here. I was running the smaller prop for hole shots. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGK1nKFXj5w

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
why did you turn the camera facing the front? Looks like the best view was out the back

·
Jeeps, Journey and Jesus
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why did you turn the camera facing the front? Looks like the best view was out the back
Because I had to put the camera in the direction I was facing. I like to look where I'm going. Its not a high quality video camera either. Its actually a "picture" camera with video capabilities.

My goal was to see how the video camera worked on the boat.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
Because I had to put the camera in the direction I was facing. I like to look where I'm going. Its not a high quality video camera either. Its actually a "picture" camera with video capabilities.

My goal was to see how the video camera worked on the boat.
ha, I know... it was just a mear suggestion for future photo ops....

·
Jeeps, Journey and Jesus
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your steering wheel is on the wrong side.
Yeah tell me about it. It has a "hot foot" foot throttle too, so its a similar feel to driving a car... sort of.

Took me a second to get used ot it the first time I drove it.

·
Jeeps, Journey and Jesus
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not a bad video. I bet it cruises. Need something to reference speed against.

Oh yeah, chicks are cool.
I was trying to get the shore, but my dumbass drunk buddy kept jumping into the screen. I'll do another one with the 32 prop closer to shore and you can get a feel for how fast it is.

I'll take a better video of the bunnies next time :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
please post more pictures of your self half naked on your boat....thank you

screw you bones, i'll give you a view of the rear that you can kiss good bye

:tonka:

·
circling the drain
35,864 Posts
Glad to see your enjoying the boat.

Now for my soap box. Get some lifejackets on, I know boats with training wheels (mod VP's and tunnels) are easy to drive and anybody with a pulse can get in them and drive them, but you are still seconds away from a possible disaster if anything happens at that speed. Furthermore your in a great lake, not a small inland lake where help is only a couple seconds away. I hope you were also wearing your lanyard right?

Back off the soapbox. Looked like a great day on the water, nice and calm, wimmens, you name it. Also appears like you have the boat running pretty well!

·
Sinister Minister
2,269 Posts

sorry work won't let me get on youtube, so I had to post it in the thread

edit: damnit! still won't work! anybody want to post it for me? pleeeeeease? i want to see the wimmens! hahaha

1 - 20 of 35 Posts