Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really chompin' at the bit to get a Vdub diesel. preferably an 01-04 2 door Golf 5-speed. Anybody on here have a dub diesel, how you like it?

Just curious.

·
Full taste of tender
5,373 Posts
my buddy has a deisel jetta and looooves it. Im not sure what its called but that thing that people do on deisels where you can adjust the amount of fuel going in by a little knobby = black smoke

he did that to his jetta and it HAULS ass!! its crazy... i kinda want one :tonka:

·
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well everybody i talk to gets like around 50 mpg with them. why on earth doesn't an american car company make anything like this?

·
always building
942 Posts
i have two older ones. love them. yeah, i feel like a dork driving around but, i get a laugh when i pass them at the gas station. 48mpg. currently putting on bigger turbo and better injection pump that i had laying around. I also have 2.5 exhaust.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
well everybody i talk to gets like around 50 mpg with them. why on earth doesn't an american car company make anything like this?
because back years ago when diesels were crappy it ruined the public opinion on them. now they are good. car company's dont build em her because people still think they are bad.

and american car companies make them, for europe

·
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just think they are dead sexy...

this + some better wheels = drool

·
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this is sweet, i wouldn't even mind that it's a 4 door.

·
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just one thing that those two are missing though...

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,620 Posts
I am looking to buy a tdi as well, but they hold serious re-sale value. Anyone know good places to find used ones for sale???

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
they were difficult to find a couple years ago. Let me know if anything has changed I doubt it.

Leanz you have to spell Diesel right to be part of this thread ;)

jk I really don't give a fk about spelling or grammar as long as I type better than VWboy I consider it a good day.

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
You can buy a Dodge Caliber with a 2.0 VW TDI in it (that makes more torque at lower RPM than a Jeep 4.0...)

... just not in the US...

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I have an 06 TDI Jetta.... Love this thing. It gets 48 MPG hauling 80 MPH down the highway....
I have had it 6 months and put 15000 miles on it. The fuel savings ( I drive 62 miles to work each way) over my 04 WJ was enough to make the payments.
BTW I still have the WJ my son drive it to school

1 - 20 of 50 Posts