Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any varmint hunters in here??? What are you hunting and what guns..........Heres one of mine, Les Baer AR15 with leupold vxIII 6.5x20 with 40mm objective and varmint hunter reticle. Bought this for coyotes but have yet to go, did get to blow some woodchucks up with it this year.

·
Wasn't this attached?
4,125 Posts
I have a Marlin 22 Mag with a light setup on top of my scope for night coyote hunting. I've also used my AR in the daytime, but normally just use the 22 Mag

·
hoo dat. wat.
21,594 Posts
I'm borrowing a coworker's Weihrauch HW97k .177 cal pellet rifle. I've managed to sight the scope in and love waiting for unsuspecting squirrels climbing on my house.

I'd like to find a decent .22 air rifle for varmint duty.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a Marlin 22 Mag with a light setup on top of my scope for night coyote hunting. I've also used my AR in the daytime, but normally just use the 22 Mag

Is it a 922m??? Im trying to locate one right now, I think marlin quit making them in 95 or 96

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
nice ar, top of the line. that thing is too shiny for yote hunting, need to paint it up. i am building a nagant for varmint hunting right now, still lots of work to do. I am looking at moving to Wyoming this spring, they do some hardcore varmint hunting out there.

·
Big Block Ranger
2,698 Posts
I've got a remington model 594 all black in .17 hmr with a BSA 6-18 x 44 scope.

·
Wasn't this attached?
4,125 Posts
Is it a 922m??? Im trying to locate one right now, I think marlin quit making them in 95 or 96
To be honest I don't recall the model number. I bought it used from a dealer up by Pellston. I love the gun. It's super accurate.

·
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
14,448 Posts
I used my father in laws Nylon `66 reminton for years. its an old open sight .22 long. I could drop a ground hog on the run 8 out of ten times. only issue I had was range. the ground hogs my neighbor was traping at 70yrds had lead sticking out of their skulls.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I use a savage .17 cal HMR with the savage accu trigger and a bull barrel. 4 to 12 power 50mm lighted crosshair scope and fold up bi-pod. Using a ballistic tip round. Love this gun !!! Its very accurate! Hit dimes at 100 yards all day long. Also have a 250 yard scope mounted spotlight on the way. Let's go shoot some coyotes!!!

·
Registered
376 Posts
I use a savage .17 cal HMR with the savage accu trigger and a bull barrel. 4 to 12 power 50mm lighted cross hair scope and fold up bi-pod. Using a ballistic tip round. Love this gun !!! Its very accurate! Hit dimes at 100 yards all day long. Also have a 250 yard scope mounted spotlight on the way. Let's go shoot some coyotes!!!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.