Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, when comparing a 4.3 to a 350, is it the front 2 cylinders lopped off or is it the back 2 cylinders lopped off?

Wondering if doing the swap moves the trans if you use the stock motor mounts.

Also....if you were going to hook a 4.3 to a th350....what flex plate would you use...the one from a 350 v8 or the one from the 4.3?

·
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
1,658 Posts
4.3 and 350 share the same flex plate, as long as thier both of the same balance (internal or external). As far as mounting, the engine mount location I think should be the same. If not, you can unbolt and relocate the mounts on the engine cradle.

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
Distance from rear face of block to motor mount is the same on gen 1 sbc and 90* V6's. Essentially the front 2 cylinders are missing.

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool...I was hoping to not have to cut the motor mounts off and have to re-weld them.

Putting winter plans together for a project.

·
Ultimate Mall Wheeler
843 Posts
Distance from rear face of block to motor mount is the same on gen 1 sbc and 90* V6's. Essentially the front 2 cylinders are missing.
Are you sure? This my 4.3 Using AA's Bolt in mounts for a 5.7.
Note front is tight but plenty of room in the rear of the engine bay.

·
Ultimate Mall Wheeler
843 Posts
It is bolt in using existing holes on the yj shock towers and the in the frame there is only one way it can go.

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is bolt in using existing holes on the yj shock towers and the in the frame there is only one way it can go.
That's what I mean....you used that kit. I would have to see where the mounts are in relation to the stock mounts. Are they forward or rearward of the sock mount location?

Here's a YJ with a V8, plenty of clearance in the front and rear.

Here is look at the mount. It's a Novac weld in. Red arrow. The blue arrow points to the front of the rig.

A better look at the mount.

·
Ultimate Mall Wheeler
843 Posts
These are the only other photo's I have with me. The jeep is in Bay City. But the center of rubber pads appear to be about 4 inches behind the shock towers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts