Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here take this and pass? getting ready to take mine in a couple weeks.

·
Bird is my bitch
1,406 Posts
Which one are you taking? UA21 is usually what people take first, but 41 is the one most in demand at this time.
I did take UA21 about 5 years ago, but have since let the cert lapse.

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
one tig 6g and 1 stick 6g, not sure what schedule or diameter. idk what one it is, but they offer it for free so i am taking it.

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you training to be a pipe fitter?
idk what i am going to do yet, but i have taken and passed 6" 2 5 and 6g pipe uphill 6010/7018, 5 and 6g 6" pipe downhill 6010, 2 5 and 6g 2" tig pipe, mig 2 5 and 6g 6" pipe and 5 and 6g 2" stick 6010/7018 certification tests.

·
Haggard Fab
11,993 Posts
idk what i am going to do yet, but i have taken and passed 6" 2 5 and 6g pipe uphill 6010/7018, 5 and 6g 6" pipe downhill 6010, 2 5 and 6g 2" tig pipe, mig 2 5 and 6g 6" pipe and 5 and 6g 2" stick 6010/7018 certification tests.

I just find that funny. I was just asking the pf superintendant out here yesterday if there was a certain test you had to fail to become a fitter. Although, if you have just half a brain, im sure its the easiest craft to move up in.

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just find that funny. I was just asking the pf superintendant out here yesterday if there was a certain test you had to fail to become a fitter. Although, if you have just half a brain, im sure its the easiest craft to move up in.
have you ever fitted?i don't want to become fitter, but i have taken the pipe layout and fitting class offered by hobart and passed with flying colors. the way i see it, if you diversify, you will never be out of work for long.

·
Haggard Fab
11,993 Posts
have you ever fitted?i don't want to become fitter, but i have taken the pipe layout and fitting class offered by hobart and passed with flying colors. the way i see it, if you diversify, you will never be out of work for long.
Its just a handful of guys out here that i think played with too much frp with out a resperator. Its bad when they spend 2 days looking for a pre-fabbed pipe hanger and I go find it in less than 10 minutes.

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its just a handful of guys out here that i think played with too much frp with out a resperator. Its bad when they spend 2 days looking for a pre-fabbed pipe hanger and I go find it in less than 10 minutes.
i can make one in about 10 minutes.:sonicjay:

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Will you be certified to make bongs and hookahs if you pass?
no, thats ua test 420, uses a rod with cellulose from hemp plants in the flux. it burns slow and is easy to control, but it takes forever to weld with it because you are always forgetting what you were doing and have to stop for snack breaks often

·
Extraordinarily Ordinary
16,885 Posts
no, thats ua test 420, uses a rod with cellulose from hemp plants in the flux. it burns slow and is easy to control, but it takes forever to weld with it because you are always forgetting what you were doing and have to stop for snack breaks often
L M F A O !

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Captain Jack Sparrow
2,316 Posts
I'll be going to get my high pressure pipe cert. next year once i am done my classes

·
GLFWDA member
2,674 Posts
i took this test about 698 times between the ages of 15 and 16, my instructor gave me "an A for awesome bro"

·
expert jeep disassembler
8,005 Posts
for stick welding we have to do 2"sch 40 6g and a 6"sch80 6g. and that gives you certs for all the sizes we use. i was set to take my tests when i realized i didnt want to be rollin around in dirt, snow, grime, ect..... for the rest of my life for the little bit of a raise i was going to get so i said fuck it. i would rather fit. i am going to go in and get my stainless certs though, it is nice and clean!

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
for stick welding we have to do 2"sch 40 6g and a 6"sch80 6g. and that gives you certs for all the sizes we use. i was set to take my tests when i realized i didnt want to be rollin around in dirt, snow, grime, ect..... for the rest of my life for the little bit of a raise i was going to get so i said fuck it. i would rather fit. i am going to go in and get my stainless certs though, it is nice and clean!
if i wanted to stay clean i wouldn't have left business school.:thumb: i love burning metal, i can do it all day. not too often you do what you love and make good money doing it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts