Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GLFWDA member
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was looking at some u-bolt eliminators for the xj, does anybody run these? what are the positives you've got? negatives?

·
AAA GOLD ROCKS!!!!!
8,512 Posts
Postives no u-bolts to get hung up on if you're SUA. Shocks get moved up higher on the tube via new mounts. You can get more lift out of them with using blocks. Also, a spring with less of an arch will flex more.

I can't think of any negatives other than you need to cut off your old perches and weld them on.

I bought a set for when I swap a 8.8 my XJ. IMO it is a cheap way to when I go to swap it in, I bought mine NIB from a member. Plus I'll get 1.50" more lift in the back.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Postives no u-bolts to get hung up on if you're SUA. Shocks get moved up higher on the tube via new mounts. You can get more lift out of them with using blocks. Also, a spring with less of an arch will flex more.
it's not SUA so there's no benefit there....
You read into their propaganda and don't understand how suspension works.
A flatter spring doesn't flex more it flexes easier. There's a huge difference.

I can't think of any negatives other than you need to cut off your old perches and weld them on.
Axle wrap is still a huge concern and the stock springs are crap and should be replaced with a good leaf pack with a full length second spring.

I bought a set for when I swap a 8.8 my XJ. IMO it is a cheap way to when I go to swap it in, I bought mine NIB from a member. Plus I'll get 1.50" more lift in the back.

·
AAA GOLD ROCKS!!!!!
8,512 Posts
You read into their propaganda and don't understand how suspension works.
A flatter spring doesn't flex more it flexes easier. There's a huge difference.
Axle wrap is still a huge concern and the stock springs are crap and should be replaced with a good leaf pack with a full length second spring.
Well it will flex more if it flexs easier. :sonicjay: And XJ's have a tendency to be a little lite in the rear.

He would still have axle wrap if he didn't use them.:poke: So they have no bearing being a negative. I would hope that he atleast has a good set of aftermarket rear springs. For my app they will be fine, I have a double warped spring.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts