Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
CRANES ARE COOL
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one tow two? what does it take to tow two jeeps or a jeep and a cherokee. ever seen it done much ?? tow rig is long wb Ford 250 4 door diesel.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
You can do it with 28' or less.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
I think it it can be done on a 28' deck myself as long as the rigs can get cozy

here is a 34' for reference.

atlest 1.5' wasted between the first rig and gooseneck, 2+ feet between the rigs, and you don't need the 3' overhang on the end of the trailer past the last tire.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
I have done 24' with a Zuk and my TJ with about 3" between them.

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
it wouldnt town worth a shit..... ive seen tag behind campers that are 36 foot bt im sure are not as heavy.... but then again look at boat trailers... my buddys boat is 42 foot long with triple 572s and the trails is atleast 10 foot longer the boat and its a tag behind...

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
yes, they make 2 place bumper-pull trailers.

·
likes him some Red Dog
2,268 Posts
Any one tow two? what does it take to tow two jeeps or a jeep and a cherokee

A Cummins :stan::sonicjay::sonicjay::sonicjay:

I would definitely stay away from bumper pull trailers if that was even a thought.

·
CRANES ARE COOL
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A Cummins :stan::sonicjay::sonicjay::sonicjay:

I would definitely stay away from bumper pull trailers if that was even a thought.
yup,was thinking about a double,most of time would probably haul only one rig,then I would be bumming dragging longer trailer around, just trying to think thru all the options, Hey you guys going to make the pig gig??

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
I drag a 37' GN that will probably fit 3 TJ's if loaded correctly. A 28-30' would be enough, but the extra space is always nice. I wouldn't dream of a bumper towed two car trailer. Would the 250 haul it? Yes. But, it won't handle nearly as well as a gooseneck.

·
always building
942 Posts
My buddy pulled a XJ and a YJ (both with 60's and all the good heavy stuff) on a 24' flat deck, on a bumper pull. Up to 70 it did fine, past 70 it fish tailed. The truck was a four door duramax.

·
Are we there yet?
1,995 Posts
We use a 24' Gooseneck to haul a CJ5 and CJ7... They are shackled together, but it fits ok. A 3/4 ton Silverado pulls it with no problem.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Put a flatbed on the truck and pull a normal 16 - 18' carhauler trailer (bumper pull). I doubt it is an option but we did this with our tow rig, until we sold it. It worked great.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
pm slvrsvt he bumper tows with a 30 foot ish trailer. he pulls an xj an old J10.

he pulls with an f250 diesel with bags.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
My buddy pulled a XJ and a YJ (both with 60's and all the good heavy stuff) on a 24' flat deck, on a bumper pull. Up to 70 it did fine, past 70 it fish tailed. The truck was a four door duramax.
wtf was he doin' over 65 in that setup though? Hell, I'd probably sit at 60 with that setup.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts