Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Hold my beer!!
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just woundering how the Truxus MT compare to the BFG MT's ( which im running now)

How is the tread life on the super swampers and street performance?

How do the do in the mud, sand or rocks?

Any input would be great

·
Premium Member
10,939 Posts
I've seen some pretty bad quality control issues with the Trux's. I would go with the BFG MT's.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
IMO, the BFG's are a better tire. I have the Traxus on right now and they are wearing alot faster than the BFG's, but are quieter on the road. As for offroad, I think the BFG MT's are better overall whereas the Traxus are better in sand/mud/snow but not so hot over rocks/dirt/wood

·
Premium Member
14,639 Posts
I have had 33" trXus and currnetly have 37" trXus

I would say they are the best all around tire. They work awesome in the rocks. In fact, I was more impressed with them than with the krawlers that another guy had.

My 33's got good wear....not sure on the 37's as it does not see a lot of road driving anymore.

·
GL 4x4 Vendors
3,146 Posts
I've had the 33" Trxus MT's for about 3 years now on a DD. Granted it doesn't get too much mileage put on it because I live close to work, but the tires are holding up very well. It's been wheeled on Drummond Island and in Kentucky (driven there/back) and about town.

I balanced them when they were first put on, and I've only rotated them once :tonka: I have no wobble issues or uneven wear. I'm happy with them.

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
The Trxus are one of the best MTs-class tires I've seen. Better off road traction than the BFG, but wears faster from what I've seen. BFG muds are pretty hard compound.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Obviously the Trxus are not going to last as long as the BFGs, no other mud tire is. As far as performance I would say the Trxus out does the BFG in every area including on road handling.

·
DrivewayJeeper
10,957 Posts
I've had them both....the BFG's last alot longer than the TrXus. TrXus are a fare better offroad tire, and handle just fine on road or at the mall:tonka:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I have had the TrXus on my TJ for about 2 years now. I've put about 22000 miles on them and by the way they have been wearing I should be able to put another 12 k on them and finish the 3 year lease on my TJ. I love the way they handle offroad and they are great on the highway too. I've rotated them a couple of times but I can't compare them to BFG's because I've never had them. I would buy another set of TrXus though.

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
You can get the Trxus Mt 37" in a sticky compound, too. Popular on the FToy circuit...

·
Hold my beer!!
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the input guys, Im going to have to put a new set of tires on soon. I just didn't know what everyone thought of the Truxus' tires plus im not driving my jeep every day like i used to. I don't wheel all that much but I like mud tires when I need them, I thought I would ask before I went and blew a ton of cash on some new skins.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
You can't beat the price on the Trxus either. I think I paid something like $500 for a set of 4 mount, balance, 1 year free replacement, lifetime balances from Discount.

·
Balls Deep
4,569 Posts
the BFG's will last longer, mostly due to their horrible traction. you will not want to wheel as much since your tires dont get traction, therefore your truck will sit and not get driven, in turn making the tires last longer.:stan: :stan3: ive been horribly dissapointed in BFG's and pretty impressed with the TRXUS mt's also impressed with the TRXUS sts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts