Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

4681 - 4700 of 4704 Posts

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,437 Posts
We don't have a governor, we have a lady in on a stepping stone on her way to "greatness".

She's more interested in cock measuring than doing what's best for her state.

·
Gustafson
9,044 Posts
We don't have a governor, we have a lady in on a stepping stone on her way to "greatness".

She's more interested in cock measuring than doing what's best for her state.
She's worthless.

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
Trump informed congress they may be going home. They have been holding up judicial appointments for up to 3 years.
He said he will fill his cabinet with or without their approval.
Everything Trump has done he has had to go through roadblocks from the democrats.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
12,984 Posts
Trump informed congress they may be going home. They have been holding up judicial appointments for up to 3 years.
Everything Trump has done he has had to go through roadblocks from the democrats.
All hail King Don.

·
Desert Rat
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,687
All hail King Don.

NOW you can use a Hitler analogy!

shameless cut and paste from Wiki

o achieve full political control despite not having an absolute majority in parliament, Hitler's government brought the Ermächtigungsgesetz (Enabling Act) to a vote in the newly elected Reichstag. The Act—officially titled the Gesetz zur Behebung der Not von Volk und Reich ("Law to Remedy the Distress of People and Reich")—gave Hitler's cabinet the power to enact laws without the consent of the Reichstag for four years. These laws could (with certain exceptions) deviate from the constitution. Since it would affect the constitution, the Enabling Act required a two-thirds majority to pass. Leaving nothing to chance, the Nazis used the provisions of the Reichstag Fire Decree to arrest all 81 Communist deputies (in spite of their virulent campaign against the party, the Nazis had allowed the KPD to contest the election) and prevent several Social Democrats from attending. On 23 March 1933, the Reichstag assembled at the Kroll Opera House under turbulent circumstances. Ranks of SA men served as guards inside the building, while large groups outside opposing the proposed legislation shouted slogans and threats towards the arriving members of parliament.

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
I was under the impression that his cabinet was full but from what Trump said last night his cabinet is not and that the dems have been holding up some of his appointments for three years.
Sounds like they are preventing him from doing his duty as president by stalling appointments.
He said there is an article in the constitution that allows him to send congress home for a time.
I'll need to find that and see what it says. Trump said it has never been used but again we have never had a(do nothing) congress quit like this before either.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
12,984 Posts
I was under the impression that his cabinet was full but from what Trump said last night his cabinet is not and that the dems have been holding up some of his appointments for three years.
Sounds like they are preventing him from doing his duty as president by stalling appointments.
He said there is an article in the constitution that allows him to send congress home for a time.
I'll need to find that and see what it says. Trump said it has never been used but again we have never had a(do nothing) congress quit like this before either.
THe Republican congress did the same thing to Obama.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Trump is definitely king of the adjectives, boy he’s tough to listen too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Yooper In Training
7,049 Posts
I was just going to say the same thing. The polarized blindness here is mindboggling. Schumer and his cronies strongly and openly did the same thing to Obama. This is nothing new at all, and acting like the democrats are any different than the republicans in that aspect is just ignorant. I for one am entirely fed up with the divisiveness and both parties largely caring more about blocking the other party than doing what's right for we the people.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,097 Posts
I was just going to say the same thing. The polarized blindness here is mindboggling. Schumer and his cronies strongly and openly did the same thing to Obama. This is nothing new at all, and acting like the democrats are any different than the republicans in that aspect is just ignorant. I for one am entirely fed up with the divisiveness and both parties largely caring more about blocking the other party than doing what's right for we the people.
Yep

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
They may have help up some of his appointments but not for three years. It has been three years and his cabinet is not complete. When was obama's cabinet full?

Trump is definitely king of the adjectives, boy he’s tough to listen too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
He speaks in way that's different than what we are used. With that being said we are used to smooth talking easy listening.
Hard truth is a difficult pill to swallow.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,437 Posts
The greatest thing so far, is:

Trump, a republican is a fascist. And the right condemned those that said it and called them bigots.

Whitmer, a democrat is a fascist. and the left condemned those that said it and called them bigots.

This shit is like a train wreck. Both sides are 100% the same; this past week with Whitmer has shown that to the fullest extent. The shit with Pelosi has shown this to the fullest extent; it is all the same shit pelosi people shouted about trump. Now trump people are shouting the EXACT same shit about pelosi.

·
Yooper In Training
7,049 Posts
They may have help up some of his appointments but not for three years. It has been three years and his cabinet is not complete. When was obama's cabinet full?
Yeah, just supreme court nominations instead, so no big deal.

·
Registered
561 Posts
The University of Wisconsin's Stanley Payne, author of Fascism: Comparison and Definition and A History of Fascism, 1914–1945, emphasizes that fascism is a "revolutionary nationalist project. Not just a nationalist project, but a nationalist project that is revolutionary and breaks down all the standards and the barriers." Trump and other far-right populists don't count.

"It's what you'd call a right-wing populist movement," he says of the Trump campaign. "They take conservative positions that were very common, say, 75 years ago or 100 years ago, and not at all common now. … You can call them more genuinely reactionary in their discourse. They go back to older kinds of political and social values that have been discarded. That would be a more accurate characterization than calling them fascist."

Quoted from vox.com/policy-and-politics/2015/12/10/9886152/donald-trump-fascism

Sent from my iPhone using my facsimile machine.

·
Gustafson
9,044 Posts
The University of Wisconsin's Stanley Payne, author of Fascism: Comparison and Definition and A History of Fascism, 1914–1945, emphasizes that fascism is a "revolutionary nationalist project. Not just a nationalist project, but a nationalist project that is revolutionary and breaks down all the standards and the barriers." Trump and other far-right populists don't count.

"It's what you'd call a right-wing populist movement," he says of the Trump campaign. "They take conservative positions that were very common, say, 75 years ago or 100 years ago, and not at all common now. … You can call them more genuinely reactionary in their discourse. They go back to older kinds of political and social values that have been discarded. That would be a more accurate characterization than calling them fascist."

Quoted from vox.com/policy-and-politics/2015/12/10/9886152/donald-trump-fascism

Is this such a bad thing? To be honest, I really don't think it is.

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
Is this such a bad thing? To be honest, I really don't think it is.
I think it's a good thing.
They call political right people right wingers and fascists and extreme yet the political left is supposedly the new normal from murdering the unborn to the whole transgender lgbtq movement a good thing for society.
The whole democrat party has moved so far to the left they are extremists by the definition and yet push the narrative that they are the new normal and its the far right that is extreme.
The crazy thing is that a large part of the media goes along with it.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fascism

This ^^^^^^ definition of fascism is correct but the one below I did was politically correct I suppose

https://www.bing.com/search?q=definition+of+fascism&form=ANNTH1&refig=11643e5080564d7c975968a38f7400fc&sp=2&ghc=1&qs=LS&pq=definition+of+fasci&sk=PRES1LS1&sc=8-19&cvid=11643e5080564d7c975968a38f7400fc

·
Registered
561 Posts
@greygoose and @aber61 I agree I don’t think it’s a bad thing to say they are calling on a more conservative time in history. My point was simply Trump isn’t a fascist.

4681 - 4700 of 4704 Posts