4661 - 4680 of 4704 Posts

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
12,984 Posts
Why is this under the Trump heading?

Coronavirus
Saudi Arabia fighting with the Russians

Neither have anything to do with Trump.
Oh yeah, I forgot, Trump's only responsible when the markets are up.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
12,984 Posts

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
China issues a warning to US

If China retaliates against the US at this time, in addition to announcing a travel ban on the US, it will also announce strategic control over medical products, and ban exports to the US... if China announces that its drugs are for domestic use and bans exports, the US will fall into the hell of a new coronavirus epidemic.

Tucker Carlson fox news.

China does supply us with medicines of all types including medical equipment. So much for jobs shipped overseas and cheap labor.
Trump just mentioned this a week or so ago about having China produce so much of the products we use everyday.
We need to manufacture goods we use here and not having other countries doing for us.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
12,984 Posts
China issues a warning to US

If China retaliates against the US at this time, in addition to announcing a travel ban on the US, it will also announce strategic control over medical products, and ban exports to the US... if China announces that its drugs are for domestic use and bans exports, the US will fall into the hell of a new coronavirus epidemic.

Tucker Carlson fox news.

China does supply us with medicines of all types including medical equipment. So much for jobs shipped overseas and cheap labor.
Trump just mentioned this a week or so ago about having China produce so much of the products we use everyday.
We need to manufacture goods we use here and not having other countries doing for us.
I agree that relying on other countries for vidal products like medicines is a very real concern. I didn't need Tucker Carlson to tell me that.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
12,984 Posts
I think Trump's kinda shot himself in the foot on this whole coronavirus issue. I think he really is doing what he needs to od to fight it, but by downplaying it publicly he gives the impression that he isn't. With his huge ego he thinks he can just tell everyone it will be OK and they will believe him. He doesn't understand the many people think he's full of it.

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
I agree that relying on other countries for vidal products like medicines is a very real concern. I didn't need Tucker Carlson to tell me that.
I wonder who's bright idea it was to send production of so many of what we consume over there to begin with?
We have been saying this for years that it is not in our best interest to have China being the worlds major manufacturer of consumable goods.

I think Trump's kinda shot himself in the foot on this whole coronavirus issue. I think he really is doing what he needs to od to fight it, but by downplaying it publicly he gives the impression that he isn't. With his huge ego he thinks he can just tell everyone it will be OK and they will believe him. He doesn't understand the many people think he's full of it.
Actually Trump is just going off of what the doctors and CDC has been saying all along. This is just a flu bug and we need to be careful. Wash your hands and stay home if you are sick.
There was no media hype and scare tactics when the h1n1 virus was here. Millions infected and approx 4 thousand died and life went on as normal.
We have had what 20 people die of this and they were older adults with compromised health already and everybody loses thier minds.
This is just another political attack against the president from the left. Republicans could have done the same to Obama on how he bumbled the h1n1 virus but they didn't.

·
Desert Rat
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,669
Well it was until Trump f'ed it up.:poke::poke::poke:
You were right!
From his seaside mansion, former president Barack Obama announced today that he is formally passing ownership of the stock market and economy on to President Trump. "All the gains were mine -- Trump didn't build that -- but this crash is all on Trump," Obama said as he admired the ocean, which will consume his home in fewer than twelve years. "My responsibility for the great economic gains in this country ended the moment the stocks started to tank this morning."
https://babylonbee.com/news/obama-walks-back-comments-about-being-responsible-for-the-stock-market

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
12,984 Posts
I wonder who's bright idea it was to send production of so many of what we consume over there to begin with?
We have been saying this for years that it is not in our best interest to have China being the worlds major manufacturer of consumable goods.
Short sighted capitalist.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
12,984 Posts
All rhetoric aside, I do think Trump is doing what he thinks needs to be doing to fight the coronavirus. But where he got it wrong is thinking he could calm the general public by downplaying the threat. Being the narcissist he is he thought that his reassurance that everything was OK would be enough to calm the public and avoid the public panic that is happening. He was wrong, instead he came off sounding out of touch with reality, and dismissive of the dangers. Behind the scenes I do think he's doing what needs to be done.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,097 Posts
All rhetoric aside, I do think Trump is doing what he thinks needs to be doing to fight the coronavirus. But where he got it wrong is thinking he could calm the general public by downplaying the threat. Being the narcissist he is he thought that his reassurance that everything was OK would be enough to calm the public and avoid the public panic that is happening. He was wrong, instead he came off sounding out of touch with reality, and dismissive of the dangers. Behind the scenes I do think he's doing what needs to be done.
True. Same with his speech the other night. I think he wanted to sound quiet and calm and instead came across as someone on their death bed. When he is winging it, he sounds normal but he does not read a script well.

·
Gustafson
9,044 Posts
True. Same with his speech the other night. I think he wanted to sound quiet and calm and instead came across as someone on their death bed. When he is winging it, he sounds normal but he does not read a script well.
Yes, I agree with this.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
12,984 Posts

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,097 Posts

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,097 Posts
Serious facepalm on that one.

I wasn't watching and his King Don comment is getting all of the press, but I heard he ran a video of all of the media mistakes? Is that true?
Yes he did. I only saw a partial replay but it was kinda funny and "in your face". It shows all the media and Dr Fauci early on down playing the Covid, saying the flu was more dangerous, and then went into him taking early safety steps while people thought he was being racist.

Good for him. If he did that more often he would shut them up.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
12,984 Posts
Yes he did. I only saw a partial replay but it was kinda funny and "in your face". It shows all the media and Dr Fauci early on down playing the Covid, saying the flu was more dangerous, and then went into him taking early safety steps while people thought he was being racist.

Good for him. If he did that more often he would shut them up.
I just wish he'd shut up.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
12,984 Posts
4661 - 4680 of 4704 Posts