Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone might pick it up cheap. If I wasn't broke right now, I'd look at it myself.. Up for auction on wednesday. Listed as a 1989 model, so probably not terrible inside...

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
Im thinking haggar didnt notice that . Those things are pretty easy to rebuild though . Old possom lodge i use was rebuilt in my garage . not pretty but its solid again .

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hehehe, I didn't have the pic big on my screen.

Well, then I bet you can get a REAL good deal on it..

·
German cars are hot
11,450 Posts
Those jacks look squirrely to me. It looks like it may be one that has a bathroom though. If you are gonna buy a truck bed camper just buy one new. They really arent that expensive. We got one loaded out with a bathroom and shower, electric jacks, extended cab-queen bed, a/c and heater, and a generator for 13k.

·
I own @ halo
1,128 Posts
I could buy that camper, a truck to put it in, a trailer and a trail rig to go on the trailer for 13k. That is a lot of money.

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They really arent that expensive. We got one... ...for 13k.
Not everyone would agree with those statements.

Especially on something that might get used 3-4 times a year.

·
German cars are hot
11,450 Posts
We havent camped that much this year but having the camper is great because we have three dogs that travel with us. Most of the places we go have electric hook ups which means that we can go into town without the dogs while ensuring that they are safe.. locked in the camper.. and not going to cook in the heat. I also like being able to shower and go to the bathroom when and where I want.
I am really happy with it but I think when we have kids we are going to have to upgrade to a 5th wheel. :confused:

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
We havent camped that much this year but having the camper is great because we have three dogsthat shed all over the camper on us. Most of the places we go have electric hook ups which means that we can go into town without the dogs while ensuring that they are safe.They tend to shit on the floor but thats life when. locked in the camper.. and not going to cook in the heat. I also like being able to shower and go to the bathroom when and where I want some times i even go in the camper now.
I am really happy with it but I think when we have kids we are going to have to upgrade to a 5th wheel because we wont want the baby covered in dog hair . :confused:

Wow interesting story :tonka:

Buts thats why i wont travel with a dog :poke:

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
We just dropped $32k on a fifth wheel with a quad bunkhouse, just so we could take all 6-7 dogs with us when we travel. The bunkhouse is basically the doghouse. :tonka: Of course our travels basically include going to tournaments to run the dogs on weekends.

·
hoo dat. wat.
21,594 Posts
Not everyone would agree with those statements.

Especially on something that might get used 3-4 times a year.

Depends on the person, I guess. We bought new about two months ago and have been out 5 times so far. :woot:

Things I like:

stove (for french press coffee)
heat
hot water
cold beer w/o worrying about ice
queen size bed

This weekend I'll be installing a 180W solar charging system - good enough to make the battery bank last while boondocking. :d:

IMHO, buying used campers can go many ways, but most old campers I've looked at had water leaks and smelled of cheese. I'd bet the roof or walls leak in the VOA TC and that caused the floor to rot. Looks like it might have had water in an onboard tank when they took it off the truck and it started to rip through.

·
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
8,054 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts