Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Do you frequent the Tropical Smoothie Cafe in Clarkston?

• I drive by.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do not drive by.

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • I drive by, and am considering a smoothie one day.

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • I go there sometimes.

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • I go there alot.

Votes: 1 6.3%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Semper Fidelis
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you GL4x4 members go to the Tropical Smoothie Cafe in Clarkston? My friend owns it and she wants to drum up business. She already has a 'bike night' and was wondering about other things she could do. Would any of you cruise your rigs there on a Saturday night sometime? Maybe you just pass by there a lot, and would like a discount? Any ideas? How about a GL4x4 family night? Alright, post up some ideas. If there is enough response on the survey, then maybe something can get in the works.

·
Premium Member
14,643 Posts
I have been there once. It is OK.
I was hoping it would be like a Jamba Juice....it is not

·
Semper Fidelis
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
possibly. if we had gl4x4 membership cards to carry in out wallets, then showing it would get you a discount... any other card-carrying jeep-related memberships you belong to?

·
GLFWDA member
2,674 Posts
possibly. if we had gl4x4 membership cards to carry in out wallets, then showing it would get you a discount... any other card-carrying jeep-related memberships you belong to?
glfwda members have cards. i also have one for wlb, and possibly ufwda.

·
rack tap re-rack click
13,502 Posts
you want to carry a memebership card to a website? you are strange:poke:

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,377 Posts
Just was given a gift card for there on Friday. Will probably check it out this week.

No, I don't want to carry a gl4x4 membership card.

·
Semper Fidelis
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you want to carry a memebership card to a website? you are strange:poke:
No, not really. My friend said that if there was a way to identify yourself in one way or another then she might give a discount. Can't give a discount to everyone...

·
Semper Fidelis
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
glfwda members, I'll see what discount you can get.

·
<3's Ridin' Dirty
2,868 Posts
I was hoping for something more like Jamba Juice as well. :( It's alright by me, best local option I've come by so far. Smoothies are an 8, customer service has been anywhere between a 0-6. I've talked to the owner a few times, super nice, always makes things right. I bet she would have more repeat business by getting a handful of awesome employee's instead of what seems like a truckload of shitty ones. Starting a new business isn't easy, but it seems to be getting better each time I go. My mom owns the Curves (gym for women) at the corner of Dixie and Davisburg roads, places where women congregate is a good place for marketing, probably a better target market then bikers.

·
Semper Fidelis
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Leah, for the input. I know it wont be easy to hear, but I will forward this on anyhow. I agree, great employees make for a great business, but they are hard to find.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts