Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Needs More Cowbell
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered these wheels up, mostly because of the inexpensive price and free shipping. Took roughly 3 weeks for delivery, they were on back-order when I put the order in. Center caps weren't included, but for $3 each I'm not angry.

http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Wheels-Jeep...SL_gasbKwl1IrsPHIZNeLE2ywkdMJuicUAaAg6L8P8HAQ

I couldn't find any reviews or answers about these when I looked, so I decided to make this post once they arrived. I've never owned any of the $55-ish steel wheels to compare these to directly, but they seem nice.

The paint coating is nice and even - No runs, drips, or obvious thin spots. The wheels themselves seem pretty solid, doesn't look like the material was skimped out on at all. Lug holes, and the valve stem hole are all nice and round.

I'll have tires on these and have them installed later this week, I'll post more pictures when the time comes.

Attachments

·
Needs More Cowbell
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Took longer than I thought to get them on, couldn't get my lift done for a while.

Tires and rims went together well enough, don't seem to be leaking any air. There are more weights on two of them than I'd like, but I don't feel any vibrations just yet. For $40 each, I'm more than happy enough with them.

Attachments

·
Registered
409 Posts
Thanks for the review. I have a trail master lift on my xj.. And had thought about ordering some of their wheels.

·
Needs More Cowbell
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They seem to be holding up well so far. I got the wheels in a fair amount of time, but the center caps have been on backorder for a little more than a month now. I wound up just getting a set through the parts store I work at, that fit perfectly.

I have a little vibration at 50 MPH +, but I don't know yet if it's from a bad balance, or some drivetrain vibration from my lift. I'm going to get that figured out some time soon.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Just got mine i the mail the other day. Were backordered from my black friday purchase, 153$ shipped for 4! I went with flat black even though ill be sanding em down and doing weld on beadlocks. Suprised they came labeled as procomp, finish is horrible lol but get what ya pay for! 20161222_134836.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts