Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Pew pew!
18,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a bit of a rant but:

I'm driving my rental car to the rec center to jog a couple miles and this 2007 Toyota Rav4 with 12,000 miles bogs down and won't accelerate. Then the MIL starts flashing along with the traction control light, abs, and battery light and then dies. It won't start now but will crank.

WTF? I thought these Jap cars were unstoppable?

Now Enterprise whom I absolutely hate has to decide how they're going to get me a replacement rental.

(I know all cars have issues but I get real sick of Toyota having this holier than other manufacturers reliability stigma.)

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
I bet AJ Hall gets massive wood by reading this. :tonka:

·
Im going FAST!!!
3,810 Posts
Toyato has had a tone of recalls and issues but you never hear about it because the papers try to mask all there problems. 1 incodent Toyota had 275,000 trucks recalled and had a two paragraph spot on the last page of the paper hidden under some stupid add that no one wants to look at while Ford and GM are on the front page for something small and stupid and the press makes it out to be a huge issue. I dont get. They must pay off the press to make them look better than they really are!!!!

·
Pew pew!
18,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So you were DRIVING somewhere to go JOG

uh..... yeah......leaving it at that
I don't like jogging in the fog and rain. I don't know about you.

Normally I run outside but I was driving to the rec center because they have an indoor track.

Yes, my 75,000 mile '01 Ram is getting worked on at the dealership under my powertrain warranty. Governor pressure switch in the trans.

·
FJ40: 1. Tree: 0
146 Posts
Dude.... You know I have 2 vehicles here on campus... Shoulda called me and borrowed my Buick while I drive my Toyota :sonicjay: . I've never had an issue with my Buick. Toyota does have good quality, but in my experience is the same as GM and such. It's just a marketing ploy. Besides, it's a RENTAL, so it's like dating a hooker - never sure of what you're gonna get:naughty:

·
Registered
703 Posts
This is a bit of a rant but:

I'm driving my rental car to the rec center to jog a couple miles and this 2007 Toyota Rav4 with 12,000 miles bogs down and won't accelerate. Then the MIL starts flashing along with the traction control light, abs, and battery light and then dies. It won't start now but will crank.

WTF? I thought these Jap cars were unstoppable?

Now Enterprise whom I absolutely hate has to decide how they're going to get me a replacement rental.

(I know all cars have issues but I get real sick of Toyota having this holier than other manufacturers reliability stigma.)

So your basing your experience off of ONE car. Good job.

Out of all the toyotas my family owned we had one truck that warped the head because my dad overheated it with over 200k miles. Weve had atleat 8 toyotas and still own three.

·
I have an avatar. Yippee.
4,283 Posts
This thread is bullshit. Everybody knows that Toyotas vehicles emit lollipops, run on sunshine, plant flowers, and adopt puppies during each mile driven.

·
hoo dat. wat.
21,594 Posts
So your basing your experience off of ONE car. Good job.

Out of all the toyotas my family owned we had one truck that warped the head because my dad overheated it with over 200k miles. Weve had atleat 8 toyotas and still own three.
And it's funny, because it is usually someone like yourself that will state a domestic sucks because someone you know had a bad example. :rolleyes:

·
Motrcytman's spouse
7,208 Posts
Sorry GM. :( That sux, but my 99 Camry runs like brand new and I've only had to replace tires and front brakes so far!:thumb:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts