Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Iv been messing with the chevy . When you have driven a 1 ton dodge dually for a few years this chevy came up short so i gave it a new set of nipples which lead to a set of air bags of course

Plus i went picked up this tooper today for it . Ya i know the color dont match but its in new condition for 200 so ill fix the color next week

Rosie is happy :stan:

you may all share in my happiness

·
SlowBalt SS
2,493 Posts
Did you sell the dodge? Or did it just go with the company?

·
Living on the Edge
2,077 Posts
yeah Marv, had a simular setup on my 3/4 chevy when I had that 920 Lance slide-in camper, worked great.

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you sell the dodge? Or did it just go with the company?

I kept the dodge when i sold the company then later sold it to Brian to use . I just didnt need that much truck for what i do now .

This lacked a little when towing the big trailer but i think the air bags will resolve that . 5.7 so theres plenty of power .

I put the Firestone units on it . 5,000 lift . That may be a little over kill but its stock ride until you air them up .

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is my dodge i bought new in 99 , was one hell of a good truck .

Has the 24 valve cummins in it 5" exhaust was the only upgrade . 140,000 miles and i put a starter on it during that time . No other issues of any sort , not even a ujoint .

·
Ass, The other vagina...
115 Posts
god i love big trucks.... *drool*

nice work on the chevy, whats with the seal on the back though, looks messed up?

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
Gman- You will love the Firestones. Cool way to run the nipples. Never seen that done before. I popped mine through just to the driver's side of the plate. Only very observant people ever notice them. Keep them about 5psi when you are empty or not towing. It keeps the bags just a little bit inflated and improves the ride a bit. Supposedly, with no pressure there is "some" risk of them falling out of their mounting location. Eventually I want the in cab controls with on-board compressor setup... Works fine for now though.

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I take it the valve location I suggested worked out good.

Hope it works out well for ya.

Yes sir plus it was in the literature to mount them there as well . Knocked the plastic tabs out and put them in .

The bags say to keep them min of 5 psi and max of 100 psi . These ones bolt into there mounts top and bottom say they cant fall out but i left about 10 psi in them any way .

Soon will be fire wood season , ill see how they work then :thumb:

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,751 Posts
This is my dodge i bought new in 99 , was one hell of a good truck .

Has the 24 valve cummins in it 5" exhaust was the only upgrade . 140,000 miles and i put a starter on it during that time . No other issues of any sort , not even a ujoint .

Come on Marv, you expect us to beleive that is your truck. We all know this is you in your old truck with the grandkids.:sonicjay:

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
cool way to mount the nips.

on my old 97 powerstoke, I mounted them inside the fuel door.

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
once againg good place to put the nipples... i worked on a truck one day int he shop that had the inside cab control and also mounted the like yours

1 - 20 of 37 Posts