Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Just The Spouse's spouse
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. "Bart the Daredevil" - Season 2
After seeing Captain Lance Murdoch perform (barely) death-defying feats at the Springfield Speedway, Bart becomes a daredevil himself. When Homer realizes he's not going to make it across the gorge is my favorite moment in this episode.
2. "Life on the Fast Lane" - Season 1
Marge flirts with her bowling instructor, Jacques, when Homer gives her a bowling ball for her birthday. My favorite moment is the Officer and a Gentleman parody when Homer says he's going to take Marge to the back seat of his car, and he won't be back "for ten whole minutes."
3. "Much Apu About Nothing" - Season 7
Homer jumps on the anti-immigration bandwagon before realizing Apu will be deported. Again, Groening pokes fun at our own insecurities as a country.
4. "A Streetcar Named Marge" - Season 4
Marge takes the part of Blanche DuBois in Springfield's musical version of "A Streetcar Named Desire." My favorite moment is Apu singing as the newspaper boy.
5. "In Marge We Trust" - Season 8
Marge offers her sympathetic ear when Reverend Lovejoy gives up on his parish. Also, Homer discovers Mr. Sparkle, a character on a Japanese soap box, bears his own likeness. I love the completely politically incorrect way the writers depict Japanese businessmen. It's a parody on the stereotypes Americans believe to be true.
6. "Homer's Enemy" - Season 8
A new employee, Frank Grimes, becomes bitter when he sees how successful a boob like Homer can be. This is a favorite episode among most fans, as well. Frank is a dose of reality in the world of Springfield, which makes his observations hysterical.
7. "Treehouse of Horror VII" - Season 8
Bart discovers Hugo, his evil twin; Lisa creates a higher form of life, and Kang and Kodos morph into Bob Dole and Bill Clinton. My favorite quote is Marge's opinion of Clinton when he Kodos says, "I am Clin-Ton. As overlord, all will kneel trembling before me and obey my brutal commands. End communication." Marge responds, "Hmm, that's Slick Willie for you, always with the smooth talk."
8. "Natural Born Kissers" - Season 9
Homer and Marge rekindle their passion by getting intimate in public or dangerous situations. My favorite shot in this episode occurs in the bed and breakfast: the maid walks in on Homer and Marge, causing Homer to cover his nipples with tea cups.
9. "Krusty Gets Busted" - Season 1
Sideshow Bob commits his first crime when he frames Krusty for a robbery at the Kwik-E-Mart. I love Krusty's terrible slogan for his literacy campaign, "Give a hoot! Read a book!"
10. "There's No Disgrace Like Home" - Season 1
In this episode, the family tries shock therapy with Dr. Marvin Monroe. Favorite quote is Homer saying, "When will I learn? The answers to life's problems aren't at the bottom of a bottle. They're on TV!"

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
those are all good. but you forgot the:

Canyonero episodoes

Stonecutter's episode

the episode with the "tango de la muerte" dance.

the episode when lisa wants to go see the Orb of Isis and homer sings the old spice tune at the end.

the early xmas episode where bart burns down the tree with the "infernobuster 2000" then later says "aren't we forgetting what xmas is all about? The birth of santa"

Mr. plow. super funny when homer turns the radio dial to keep the truck from falling off the cliff.

the snow day when the kids get trapped at school and homer cuts flanders roof and attaches it to flanders car to plow the snow and save the kids. later they hit a salt silo
and melt the snow.

lemon of troy is a great one too.

Camp Krusty

there are so many good ones I can't list them all.

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
those are all good. but you forgot the:

Canyonero episodoes

Stonecutter's episode

the episode with the "tango de la muerte" dance.

the episode when lisa wants to go see the Orb of Isis and homer sings the old spice tune at the end.

the early xmas episode where bart burns down the tree with the "infernobuster 2000" then later says "aren't we forgetting what xmas is all about? The birth of santa"

there are so many good ones I can't list them all.

Canyonero -- thats what I meant.

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
Canyonero is the shit!!! the episode where they run the commerical for it and it runs the boy scout bus off the road, it bursts into flames and the scouts all salute it. I have that song burned to a CD somewhere

1 - 6 of 6 Posts