Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

· Cup holders & Rollbars
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Heavy duty stainless steel hardware cloth, with u-molding glued in using autobody adhesive. Ended up larger than what I wanted. Had too many cocktails that night so needed to adjust the next morning upon sober review.
Forgot the Pics.

Bonus feature easier to see should one forget to latch hood before highway speeds. I was doing about 60 when this happened.

· F-U-CANCER!!!
6,032 Posts
Looks good. I keep looking around at options for mine. Want to get rid of some underhood heat.

LOL at the hood window!!!! Way to get that reverse engineering going on... :)

· Cup holders & Rollbars
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Looks good. I keep looking around at options for mine. Want to get rid of some underhood heat.

LOL at the hood window!!!! Way to get that reverse engineering going on... :)
I tried side vents etc. this solution finally helped. Under hood heat cost HP. My intake temps were approaching 200 degrees before this fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Gustafson
10,843 Posts
I tried side vents etc. this solution finally helped. Under hood heat cost HP. My intake temps were approaching 200 degrees before this fix.

200 degree intake temps are HIGH. I'm glad to hear the hood vents helped.

· F-U-CANCER!!!
6,032 Posts

I totally can relate. I had intake temps that high before I built an airbox around my filter so the air was not drawn from the exhaust manifold area. They are still high though (can not remember the temps). So, I want to get more heat out.

My only concern with your venting is the lack of protection to the motor from water and mud etc.. Have you scene any adverse effects so far?

· Cup holders & Rollbars
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Today
Starting to think that I enjoy owning a “project” more than driving a JEEP.

Going on 2 years now.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

This past fall
Body is done and at paint shop. Frame is getting close. Front bump stops and etc. up there are slowing me down.

· Cup holders & Rollbars
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
It is gonna be awesome when you get it done!!!!!
I hope so!
It's been a lot of work, all though I've been taking my time and enjoying it. With my wife at my side and cocktail in hand.

Funny thing, the only pieces left from the "original" jeep will be the center portion of the rollbar and the front 6' of the frame rails minus the crossmember.

· Cup holders & Rollbars
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Well hasn't been much progress this summer. Been getting the house ready for a backyard wedding later this year, and along with other distractions, I haven't gotten much done. The frame is real close to being done. Once the frame is ready for paint I hope the build will pick up speed.

I did have an oportunity to get fresh stickies, so I painted the wheels this week. I wanted to see if I liked the paint that I picked out. Wife hates the color.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle brake

21 - 40 of 45 Posts