Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Live Action!
15,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have seached but my question is should the TJ be getting more than slightly warmer than the outside air?

I have been doing mostly highway driving and would like more heat.

It does blow warm/hot heat but the cab doesnt get very warm.

I am comparing this to my 2003 Sierra that gets plenty warm.

Maybe the Jeep leaks more air?

·
Can't Worry About It
1,070 Posts
your jeep should get nice and toasty inside.

what year is your jeep? engine? what kind of top? doors?

my stock 04 gets warm inside, but it normally takes a while to get the entire cab hot like at least 15-20 minutes of driving. but keeping the heat vented at the floor only the cab never gets hot.

obviously the jeep leaks plenty of air and lacks insulation to keep the heat in so its never going to compare to your sierra, but you shouldn't be freezing either

·
Small, but talented
2,749 Posts
Check the knob for the heat selector. Mine cracked and the metal insert spun a bit. When the dial was at full heat, luke warm air was coming out. The TJ heater should cook you.

·
Live Action!
15,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
your jeep should get nice and toasty inside.

what year is your jeep? engine? what kind of top? doors?

my stock 04 gets warm inside, but it normally takes a while to get the entire cab hot like at least 15-20 minutes of driving. but keeping the heat vented at the floor only the cab never gets hot.

obviously the jeep leaks plenty of air and lacks insulation to keep the heat in so its never going to compare to your sierra, but you shouldn't be freezing either
It is a 97 4.0 hard top w/ full hard doors.

·
Live Action!
15,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check the knob for the heat selector. Mine cracked and the metal insert spun a bit. When the dial was at full heat, luke warm air was coming out. The TJ heater should cook you.
I already know that the heat selector does not work properly, but I can manualy adjust it for cold or heat. I have it on heat.

I get warm air just not enough to heat the cab without driving for a half hour or more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.